Godox for remote shutter release

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm testing a setup for indoor sports where I want to have a wide angle camera synchronized with my main telephoto camera so when there is some action I'll get two views to select from.

The setup is with godox x1c/r with the remote camera fixed manual focus. In testing it works quite well but not 100% reliable. When I press the transmitter test button it fires the remote no problem, however when triggering via the shutter button on the main camera maybe 20% of the time the remote is not firing.

Anything I need to do to increase reliability?

Could be various reasons. Intermittent problems are often dodgy contacts somewhere in the chain, so make sure everything is clean and plugs properly seated.

Are you at long distance when you get these failures? Maybe you're around the radio range limit, that can vary depending on the situation. When it's marginal, obstructions can reduce it (particularly anything heavy/dense, like solid walls, human bodies etc). Also, range can be reduced when the transmitter/receiver units are close to the ground, or batteries low.

Random thoughts and Q's
Centerpin triggering mode?
Tried a PC sync cable? Hmm shutterspeed above sync speed = HSS required?
Connection on receiver?

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you very much for the replies. Richard the problem was at short distances as well as longer. I read the manual again but it was not really clear. After a fair bit of experimentation seems it only work reliably when the transmitter is in multi mode. I tried reassembling a few times now and getting consistent results using that mode now.

grr spoke to soon...I'm also trying to synch with flash. while using multi works to trigger the remote shutter it's too slow to synch with the flash. Am I asking the impossible?

grr spoke to soon...I'm also trying to synch with flash. while using multi works to trigger the remote shutter it's too slow to synch with the flash.
Am I asking the impossible?

Yes, perhaps. If you are wanting to capture the exact same moment with both cameras, including the same flash illumination, that won't normally happen. The remote camera only gets the signal to fire as the flash is triggered, so by the time the remote camera's shutter is actually open, the flash has long gone.

The only way to do that would be to fire both cameras simultaneously from a hand trigger, but even then, unless both cameras are identical models at identical settings, that's unlikely to work 100% with flash.

Best way is to rig up a second flash for the remote camera.

Thanks Richard, I've tested that out and it works (y) I can fix a speedite to the superclamp separately but not sure if that will work in the venue....at least I do have an option. Thanks a lot. Tim

Another possibility comes to mind - put another transmitter on remote cam and stack the receiver on top. The recycle time of the flash head is pretty quick and is producing two flashes to allow this to work. Might need to fiddle with groups or get another trigger if the recycle time on the day is too slow.

Back