Godox Portable Powerful RS600P 600W 8000mAh XEXPERT

Available from several sellers, there's some differences to the Lencarta, and I don't think there is anyone selling the Godox with a warranty.

For the money the AD600 manual version from pixapro is a better bet.

Last edited:
What's the difference to the Lencarta Phil, as I can't see anything in the specs, I agree the AD600 would be a better bet but I've been offered the RS600 used at what seems to be a reasonable price.

What's the difference to the Lencarta Phil, as I can't see anything in the specs, I agree the AD600 would be a better bet but I've been offered the RS600 used at what seems to be a reasonable price.

If the price is right I'd go for it.

I'm led to believe the Lencarta has slightly upgraded something internally.

Whilst it has been stated on an number of occasions there are differences I have run them side by side and seen none in my use.

Mike

Whilst it has been stated on an number of occasions there are differences I have run them side by side and seen none in my use.

Mike
You're wrong. For reasons that will become obvious to you, I can't say why on a public forum, but I am sending you a confidential PM about it.

You're wrong. For reasons that will become obvious to you, I can't say why on a public forum, but I am sending you a confidential PM about it.

I am not wrong in saying that I did not see a difference - very different from there actually being a difference. As we both know there is a lot that goes into such equipment that will never be seen by the normal user , and lots that many do not use on every shoot.

As I have previously said, if people want warranty support then they need to buy from a dealer that can offer that. There is a lot of gear out there that could end up being paperweights because of the supply chain.

Mike

So can you say what the differences are please Garry, it would be good to know, I get the warranty bit which is obviously a big bonus if buying from Lencarta as it's 3 years, but apart from that what else ? bearing in mind if buying used warranty' is a mute point.

So can you say what the differences are please Garry, it would be good to know, I get the warranty bit which is obviously a big bonus if buying from Lencarta as it's 3 years, but apart from that what else ? bearing in mind if buying used warranty' is a mute point.
No problem - shorter flash durations and faster recycling

Reactions: TG.
@TG. I have been using the RS600P for a couple of years. I bought them from D2Zone and got them very cheap direct from the Far East. I let the batteries get too low and left them too long, now they only last around 100 shots before they die. However I have bought replacement batteries from Lencarta and they are a direct swap. Apart from that they have been spot on without any problems.
The biggest drawback is the fact that the lowest power setting is 1/32. They are fully manual with no HSS. Recycling time is adequate for an old design.
I have now added AD600s to my kit along with the older USB triggers they are fully controllable and compatible with the RS600Ps.
Would I buy direct again? The cost benefit meant that I got 3 RS600Ps for £300 less than 2 Lencarta Safari 2s. It was a gamble and, for me, it has worked out okay. However I turned to Pixapro for my new lights so that I had a UK warranty.
They are a solid, basic bit of portable kit that I will continue to use as backup to the AD600s.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: TG.
Back