Godox products

Edit My Images
No
Hey all. Debating moving to the godox system which I've read lots of positive reviews about.

I currently use brx 250/500 elinchrome studio strobes and a mixture of yn speedlites and Canon speedlites all using yn triggers but want to replace them with one system that can be controlled using 2.4ghz wireless technology.

I have a few questions.

Can my existing elinchrome softbox be used with godox studio heads or do I need to replace that also with godox specific softbox?

For reference I shoot using canon and Sony. I heard you can mix and match the canon and Sony speedlites of godox and they will still trigger each other.

You'd need to replace the speedring on your softbox with a bowers mount one.

I'm fairly sure that a Sony trigger will operate the Godox speed lights, not certain about using a speed light as a trigger @mike weeks will know.

You'd need to replace the speedring on your softbox with a bowers mount one.

I'm fairly sure that a Sony trigger will operate the Godox speed lights, not certain about using a speed light as a trigger @mike weeks will know.

All of the X system of Godox lights can switch between different manufacturers but the foot only gives them compatability with the designated brand.

As an example my V860II in Nikon gives me a Nikon on camera compatible flash, mount it off camera and it can happily pretend to be part of a Sony, Canon, Olympus etc. when triggered from the appropriate trigger.

What I have not tested is if my Nikon receivers (X1R-N) will receive from a Godox X1 trigger from Canon or Sony etc. - so X1R-C to Elinchrom, triggered by X1T-C no issue, but triggered by X1T-S not tested.

Mike

You will be able to use your Elinchrom fit softboxes (which are far better than the Godox ones) but will need to get a replacement speedring. Speedrings are specific to softboxes, so you will get them from Elinchrom (The Flash Centre).
At present, the only downside I can see to changing system is that Elinchrom have a very good customer support infrastructure, and Godox doesn't have one at all, so you could run into problems if you buy from a firm that doesn't have a good warranty backed by their own in house repair facilities, i.e. don't buy from Amazon/Ebay or from any foreign seller. However, this may change in the future.

It's £45 a pop for the Bowens fit Elinchrom Rotalux speed ring and they don't make one for their Portalites.

From where?

As per Garry's post ;) http://www.theflashcentre.com/elinc...ategory_id=633&filter=&fl8=Elinchrom+/+Bowens

If it's an expensive softbox or one you really like then it's worth adapting, but good softboxes are not expensive, eg Lencarta Profold or their new Folding Beauty Dishes are popular - around £100.

You can also get cheap bolt-on Eli to Bowens adapters that will do the job, but they reposition the flash tube, losing brightness and upsetting the light distribution :thumbsdown:

nice one. is flash centre a good place to buy godox kits etc?

No not at all but it's the main source of Elinchrom equipment in the UK so if you need something that only Elinchrom makes they're usually a good place to start.

In other words if you keep your Elinchrom softboxes to use on other brands you'll be needing to use them for the replacement speedring, if not then not.

nice one. is flash centre a good place to buy godox kits etc?

As above. The Flash Centre are Elinchrom distributors and retailers.

Suggest Lencarta for Godox, or Essential Photo who sell identical Godox products under their Pixapro brand.

As above. The Flash Centre are Elinchrom distributors and retailers.

Suggest Lencarta for Godox, or Essential Photo who sell identical Godox products under their Pixapro brand.

Add to that Photomart who are an official stockist and check their 2 year warranty on most items. Their latest stock of AD200 has just arrived

Mike

All of the X system of Godox lights can switch between different manufacturers but the foot only gives them compatability with the designated brand.
SNIP<
If you mean ttl, hss etc youre right. You can however use either the centerpin mode or a pc sync cord between camera and x1 e.g my X1S works with copal shutters, yashica mat 124 g, mamiya rz67proII and zeiss ikonta 531 with the short sync cord.

Last edited by a moderator:
So no good?

Photomart are a large business to business supplier (B2B) and like all companies have trading conditions, best to contact them direct if you have questions and possibly that is better than the comments of a shareholder (and ex employee) in a competitor supplier or for that matter mine.

Mike

So no good?
No comment from me, just read what it actually says.
Photomart are a large business to business supplier (B2B) and like all companies have trading conditions, best to contact them direct if you have questions and possibly that is better than the comments of a shareholder (and ex employee) in a competitor supplier or for that matter mine.

Mike
I am not a shareholder and was never an employee.

Mike
Who is a shareholder? Anyways they are located very convenient to me.

Ad600b I'll get. Anyone know where I can get the 860 v2 flash for Sony? They seem harder to get

Back