Godox speedlight compatibility question

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
Good evening,

A friend has asked if they can borrow one of my speedlights when I visit them but my speedlights are Godox TT685F and they have a Olympus system with the Godox X2T-O.

Now assuming it won't send TTL information does anyone know if it'll still send manual settings over the Godox X transfer system?

Any previous experience would be greatly appreciated.

Good evening,

A friend has asked if they can borrow one of my speedlights when I visit them but my speedlights are Godox TT685F and they have a Olympus system with the Godox X2T-O.

Now assuming it won't send TTL information does anyone know if it'll still send manual settings over the Godox X transfer system?

Any previous experience would be greatly appreciated.
Might be best moved into the lighting section :) I`m sure someone there will know the answer.

If you're using the TT685 as a slave to the X2T, as I read it it should do the TTL assuming you're using the radio communication rather than old fashioned optical triggering

Disclaimer: I don't have 2 Godox flash devices of sufficiently new vintage to prove this

As long as the firmwares are up to date his trigger should work fine with your flash even in TTL mode.

The best thing about the Godox radio system is that the triggering is brand agnostic.

So whilst you can only fit the speedlight on the camera system it was designed for, off camera all the flashes work perfectly so long as the transmitter is right for the camera.

The best thing about the Godox radio system is that the triggering is brand agnostic.

So whilst you can only fit the speedlight on the camera system it was designed for, off camera all the flashes work perfectly so long as the transmitter is right for the camera.
So this (Godox trigger) would also work with say a Yongnuo flash?

So this (Godox trigger) would also work with say a Yongnuo flash?
No - different system entirely.

All the Godox flashes and transmitters of the same generation communicate whether they’re canon, Olympus, Nikon etc.

So a canon camera, with a Godox x2 tC will fire 4 remote Godox flashes even if they’re 2 Nikon, 1 Oly and 1 Fuji fit.

Brilliant thanks everyone. It's one of the reason I like the Godox X Trans system for their lights. I use the AD200 with a couple of speedlights normally and am looking at some of their studio lights too.

It allows me to move between them all without needing extra triggers.

Back