Godox Witstro AD600B TTL & HSS

Thanks Tel. He's not easy to follow but there's some handy info in there. I love the way he likes to take credit for everything ;)

The strength of his following in some circles gives him a confidence that's totally unwarranted.

The current slanging match with Adorama might be the beginning of the end of that. He could end up being the next Gary Fong.

Reactions: TG.
Thanks Tel. He's not easy to follow but there's some handy info in there. I love the way he likes to take credit for everything ;)

I think a new Mk2 AD600 will certainly appear soon, to fix a few obvious design flaws. I'm hoping it will reposition the flash tube a couple of cms further forward, double-up on the modelling LEDs like the AD-B2 twin head, improve the tilt lock, and maybe add a handle (y)

BTW, the low-profile Bowens adapter he's selling, that he claims increases output of the AD600 by three-quarters of a stop I think he said (at around 5mins in), is this one - £9 from Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01EYJOPPS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 My tests showed it increasing brightness by a bit less than half a stop, but that's still a very worthwhile lump of light (compared to the grey alloy mount adapter that usually comes with most softboxes).
dam it i just got a ad600!!!

The strength of his following in some circles gives him a confidence that's totally unwarranted.

The current slanging match with Adorama might be the beginning of the end of that. He could end up being the next Gary Fong.
Ive seen one maybe two videos by him. Moved on when he claimed TTL wasnt really TTL.

He seems to be taking a lot of flak over on photography on the net.

Main thing I took away from that video is never chew gum on video. :mad:

POTN is a right vipers nest, haven't been on there for ages and when you lose touch with those meg-threads there's a couple of hours reading just to get back up to speed - and most of that is sh!te!

dam it i just got a ad600!!!

I wouldn't worry, you got a damn good flash. The new one is months away yet, longer before the cost settles, and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a price hike. Main reason I'm waiting is the hope of a better modelling lamp for studio work.

Indeed, lol.

he has always knocked the AD600TTL because he was excluded from stocking it, he had no problem selling what he was selling so I wonder if the new AD600v2 will be TTL only and he knows he aint getting it

Mike

I didn't realise he had an axe to grind Mike, interesting I wonder why he was stopped from stocking the TTL version, I have noticed on that FB page that their seems to be a lot of people mentioning problems with the AD600 though, it's odd really as I've never seen anyone on here reporting problems with it, unless I've missed it of course. I will wait for the new version only as at the moment the AD200 and 360 along with speedlights suits my needs, so I'm in no rush to get one, unless their is some mega sale coming up somewhere that is :)

He feels very let down by Godox, there is history between them going right back to the development of what ended up as the AD180 and to what he believes were broken promises.
I won't comment further.

He feels very let down by Godox, there is history between them going right back to the development of what ended up as the AD180 and to what he believes were broken promises.
I won't comment further.
:thinking: This is just like reading the back of a thriller not being able to get hold of the book:exit::)

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares what this bloke thinks or am I missing something?

Well probably not many on here but he does seem to have a following on Facebook, I guess if as Garry mentioned he feels let down by Godox their may be something in it, business can be a ruthless thing, but as I don't know the facts I can't comment on that

Back