Godox Xpro with Kenro flash problem

Edit My Images
Yes
I have just bought a Godox Xpro transmitter plus a receiver to control my Kenro 101 flash until I can afford a AD200. In manual the Xpro triggers the Kenro but does not communicate with the flash regarding power levels. In iTTL the flash fires but seemingly at a miserable 1/128 (guessing as no impact on exposure). The three sync cables that came with the Godox do not fit the Kenro. Transmitter, receiver and flash are all on Chan 1 group A. So is there something else I am doing wrong? Would a sync cable that fits resolve the communication issues? Any help appreciated.

I saw that in another thread. I have tried with the flash on TTL combined with the transmitter on TTL AND manual. As I said in TTL the flash fires but not at a power to expose. And yes I realise that other brands might not be compatible. I decided to invest in the Xpro as a prelude to buying an AD200 and hoped rather than expected that it would also control the Kenro.

Last edited:
What Kenro flash, and what receiver?

If the flash is compatible with the x1r then you shouldn’t need to set the flash to slave. All the communication it needs should come through the receiver

What Kenro flash, and what receiver?

If the flash is compatible with the x1r then you shouldn’t need to set the flash to slave. All the communication it needs should come through the receiver
^^^^ This.

Quick silly question, both transmitter and receiver are Nikon versions?

Does the flash operate correctly if used on the cameras hotshoe?

You say all three, transmitter, receiver and flash are set to the same channel and group, for the receiver to control the flash the flash needs to be set as normal, not as a slave, the same as using it directly on the camera hotshoe.

Thanks both Phils. The flash is the Kenro KFL101, the receiver the X1R-N and transmitter XproN. So..... partial result from not having it in Slave mode - TTL is now working correctly however Manual is still the same i.e. flash triggers but no power level control from transmitter. Really pleased TTL is working so immensely grateful.

Oh and yes flash works fine on hot shoe and as optical slave from built-in.

Last edited:
Back