Going for a new Computer tommorow

:thumb:
Congrats - Mesh are one of the better manufacturers, particularly in terms of using the kind of components that those of us who self build would use. Also they have won countless awards for quality and service so sounds like fate was on your side:)

stevannie said:
got to the checkout and was asked to fill in a form to say i HAD a tv license

Go anywhere and buy something with a TV card in it (or even a TV card) and they are supposed to ask you to sign something that says you have a TV licence ! Not the shops fault, Licencing Authority !

Matt said:
You'll sometimes find Medion PC's in PC WORLD/Curry's and ALDI, they're not just confined to Toys'R'US.
I must be a total badge snob then lol - I've never been in an ALDI (or a Netto's for that matter) and I wouldnt shop at Currys or PCWorld purely out of principle (can find things cheaper on the net) ;)

Warspite said:
:thumb:
Congrats - Mesh are one of the better manufacturers, particularly in terms of using the kind of components that those of us who self build would use. Also they have won countless awards for quality and service so sounds like fate was on your side:)
I've actually heard nothing but horror stories about Mesh. So much so, I wouldn't buy from them in a fit.

GfK said:
I've actually heard nothing but horror stories about Mesh. So much so, I wouldn't buy from them in a fit.

well they certainly win an aweful lot of awards to say their stuff is iffy, oh well, i will just have to wait and see.

GfK said:

Well there you go - different experiences of the same by the looks of things, as I said I would personally build, but this doesnt appeal to many people for many reasons. People I know who have used Mesh have not had any problems with them.

Well good on ya Stevannie.....will be expecting you to be banging those images out now ;)

Warspite said:
Well there you go - different experiences of the same by the looks of things, as I said I would personally build, but this doesnt appeal to many people for many reasons. People I know who have used Mesh have not had any problems with them.

My last two PC's have been Mesh.
My present Mesh PC is 3 years old :embarasse and still going strong.
My previous Mesh PC is 6 years old and still going strong.:thumb:

6 years.....3 years...... time for a new PC :clap:

I received a reminder about a TV license by post on the last Mesh purchase.
There's no escaping Big Brother.

IanC_UK said:
Go anywhere and buy something with a TV card in it (or even a TV card) and they are supposed to ask you to sign something that says you have a TV licence ! Not the shops fault, Licencing Authority !

Dunno about that bit but I do know that by law there are required to fill out a form with all your details on and submit it to the licencing authority. One for every TV or any other equipment that is capible of recieving broadcasts they sell, even if it's to the same person.

I can guaranteee that Mesh will do the same if your pc has a tv card in.

evilowl said:
I must be a total badge snob then lol - I've never been in an ALDI (or a Netto's for that matter) and I wouldnt shop at Currys or PCWorld purely out of principle (can find things cheaper on the net) ;)

I wouldn't usually shop at any of the above stores either.
But as my partner works for one of them, sometimes I get very good deals on PC peripherals and the likes.:D

stevannie said:
well they certainly win an aweful lot of awards to say their stuff is iffy, oh well, i will just have to wait and see.

Good for you Stev - and congrats on your purchase. :thumb: I hope it all works and works out for you. Good luck learning your way around it and have loadsa fun setting up ! :smilenod:

I had not heard of Mesh before ... shows you how literate I am in 'puter purchasing terms anyways ! :suspect1:

GfK said:

I don't want to rain on the parade either but my brother bought a Mesh computer (some years back now) and it was a horror story from start to finish..:banghead: Never again..:hissyfit:

Better luck with your new PC mate...:thumb:

thanks guys, i guess theres good and bad in all purchases. It wont arrive until the 26th of this month, so cant wait until then.
It just bugs me that because you can get a tv signal, you have to sign to say you have a license, so why dont they check for insurance when you buy a car? you need that too by law.
Really enjoyed this thread and everyone's input and stories, just leaves me to say Thank you, and will let you know when it arrives.
cheers

Pleased you made a choice and can now get back to a normal life :thumb: :)

Choosing a new PC is almost like choosing a car...:confused-

Mark.

Back