going old school with film camera

Now, it may just be the Ageing Hippy in me coming to the surface here, but this is the kind of thing that I :love: Film&Conventional for...

heh ! well - I can only say - I'm paying it forward. As I've had a lot of free stuff from here as well .

Minolta AF cameras are all very good and sell quite cheaply generally but the problem is that non kit lenses tend to be very expensive in comparison. Don't get me wrong their kit lenses are of great quality but anything else, especially primes, tend to be very costly.

Although they may use the same mount as Sony be careful to only use full frame lenses as these represent only a tiny fraction of Sony's lenses.

Can agree with that! I picked one up on here for £90...missing its eyepiece (which I could get for £10 if I wanted to) but all in all a beauty of a body, and wins points for having all the same AF settings as my 1D's... I'm in love already!

I've just spotted that one in the classifieds section - looks like it should clean up nicely to be honest. They're really nice cameras - I just wish I could afford a digital camera that handled as well as my EOS-3 does. Not in this lifetime I guess :LOL:

It's hard to be macho and in your face talking about obsolete gear no-one else cares about. Film brings out the best in people, both sides of the lens.
Couldn't agree more. No endless bitching about how camera x "destroys" camera y with it's low noise performance and superior AF performance. A new "sensor" with every wind-on and manual focus tends to negate these issues!

Couldn't agree more. No endless bitching about how camera x "destroys" camera y with it's low noise performance and superior AF performance. A new "sensor" with every wind-on and manual focus tends to negate these issues!

Talking about lenses can be interesting...esp the cheap gems recommended in forums (well they were cheap before google search told everyone).

Always hankered over getting an EOS 3 back in the film days but bought an EOS 5 instead. Fantastic camera. Although not everyones cup of tea, I quite liked the eye-control focusing and the eye control DOF preview came in handy.
When it was first released it was said to have more advanced computer circuitry inside its body than the first space shuttle.

When it was first released it was said to have more advanced computer circuitry inside its body than the first space shuttle.

Pity mine crashed and burned in a similar way to the Challenger :(

Got itself a case of the internal electrical never-get-overs. Now all I can get from it is a flashing battery and a series of bleeps. Not too worried, the EOS-3 and EOS-30 take care of the 35mm AF, EF-Lens, Eye controlled side of things pretty well ;)

Always hankered over getting an EOS 3 back in the film days but bought an EOS 5 instead. Fantastic camera. Although not everyones cup of tea, I quite liked the eye-control focusing and the eye control DOF preview came in handy.

I'll take first space shuttle - thank you ! :p

I think the toys in a McDonald's happy meal have more processing power than the first moon shot.

I've just spotted that one in the classifieds section - looks like it should clean up nicely to be honest. They're really nice cameras - I just wish I could afford a digital camera that handled as well as my EOS-3 does. Not in this lifetime I guess :LOL:

It's in good nick actually...barely used I'd reckon.

It's got a roll of Velvia 50 in it at the moment, which is going to be used for some stock images this week for a magazine's christmas edition...got fake snow and everything!

Back