Going price for a Canon 16-35 MkI?

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm just back in the UK staying with my folks and have seen a mkI 16-35 for sale at what I thought was a reasonable price.

It doesn't have a box, soft pouch or hood but the glass itself is fine, the zoom and focus rings are smooth and solid, I've taken a few shots with it and it doesn't seem to have any problems optically either. How much do you think it should be worth? I managed to knock them down a little bit from the asking price to £580. I said I'll think about it and am just wondering if that sounds OK as I'm not that up to date on 2nd hand prices in the UK.

I've checked to see how much they have gone for on here in the past but the only for sale threads for a mkI since the price rises have had the prices removed once sold by the OP.

Thanks, Col

A well used but otherwise good one sold on ebay for £511 about a week ago. It had a hood but no case. It said body was a bit scratched but optically perfect.

paid 600 on ebay for mint one with box, hood etc. Zero marks, perfect really. Also with Kenko UV

I'd be suspect at anything circa £500

My monitoring of ebay(last 10weeks) showed a market value of anything between £580-£750

Vendor market values of between £700-900. Quite a variation, obviously dependant on cond.

Back