Going Solo

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok having done the recent Hertfordshire Shoot I encouraged myself to get out and go solo with a local model.

It was only her second shoot too so maybe not the most impressive shots but she likes them.

Sophie-1.jpg

Sophie-2.jpg

Sophie-3.jpg

Peoples views would be helpful before the next time, maybe some more PP? :)

Thanks

Kevin

Hi Kevin, I think you have some good ideas here.

Love the hair in number 1, however I don't think the position of the arms is the most flattering for your model.

Number 2 has excellent eye contact and good catchlights. I can see what you were trying to do with the lighting. I wonder if natural light may have lifted her left eye (our right) slightly.

Number 3 does not do a lot for me to be honest. Perhaps a smile may have changed the mood of the shot.

Please remember these are just IMO :)

Keep posting!

Well done for going it alone. The first shot is ok, same opinion as above really. The photo technique looks ok. Just the model poses need some work. The middle shot is my favorite, but spoilt by the eyes looking too far up.

Hey Kev, nice one mate.. getting out there and doing it.. hats off to ya..

Im not keen on No1 i can see where ** going with it, but for me it isnt working, she looks like shes been hung upside down.. lol.

No2 is nice.. i like it.. i like the half light.. have you done the eye popping thing?? they look popy.. lol

No3 is nice too.. just a lift in her expression would help that one..

Keep it up my friend.. (y)

Sheep, I'm not that much further down the road than you so I know where you are right now!

The first time, on your own, with a model,...................folks................it's scary!

As the tog you need to be able to direct your model, but how do you do that when you are both new?

If I can offer some encouragement it would be this. It gets easier as you get more experience. The first one, you are just grateful if you get anything of use! The second, you know a little bit better what you want and you don't mind giving your model a little direction. By the time you have got to the sixth, you have ideas! You have some understanding of poses and don't mind changing lighting and/or kit to get the shot that you can see.

So keep with it, things really do get better the more you do!

Kevin,

I like the idea of #1, I think I would have preferred it "the right way up". As mentioned before, your model needs to "up" her expression a bit. She has great eyes and lips, really good stuff to play with in the PP process.

Good to see you out there and doing it, I'm hoping to have a 1-2-1 session after the next Herts shoot.

Steve

Thanks for the additional comments Tony, Ali and Steve. I tried to get her to smile honest. She was great to work with in terms of ideas...just need to get her to smile. Hoping to do another shoot with her soon.

On the first one she was looking up at me but it was also into the sun and if you spin the image her eyes look strange which is why its the way round it is!

Have another shoot this coming Sunday in some woods so anyone with any tips for working under tree canopies they will all be greatfully taken.:)

Kevin

...and yes Tony eyes were 'popped'

Last edited:
as per others, the fact that she looks as happy as a child with no pocket money doesnt really help you.

It would be alot easyer for you if she would show some form of pearly whites lol

Ok having done the recent Hertfordshire Shoot I encouraged myself to get out and go solo with a local model.

It was only her second shoot too so maybe not the most impressive shots but she likes them.

Sophie-1.jpg

Sophie-2.jpg

Sophie-3.jpg

Peoples views would be helpful before the next time, maybe some more PP? :)
Kevin

a smile would have been good, she looks as if she was'nt enjoying herself!:thinking:

Back