Golden Canola

Name
mark
Edit My Images
No
The Midlands Highway links Launceston in the north to the capital Hobart in southern Tasmania.
At Conara in the north a field of oilseed lit the landscape as brilliantly as if it had been painted by Van Gogh.
GoldenCanola.jpg

Olympus E-3, Aperture priority, 25mm (50mm Equiv) @ 1/320 @ F10 @ iso100 Handheld with in-camera-body IS on.​

Last edited:
That's a really nice shot! Love the clouds.

Excellent picture. It might be better if you crop a little off the top. Very well composed and would look good on your wall.

That's a really nice shot! Love the clouds.
Thanks Andy. ;)
Now hang on Mark. The oliseed rape is in flower HERE at the moment. It can't be in flower there too.....:thinking: Very nice.
Hey Toby, this is a genetically modified crop that grows all year round! :geek:
Seriously though, I didn't say when I took it, now did I ! :D
Excellent picture. It might be better if you crop a little off the top. Very well composed and would look good on your wall.
I have to agree with your crop suggestion Bob, and I have done it.
It looks a whole lot better too.
Thanks. (y)

Don't know if there was more sky than currently showing but it looks better to me with the screen scrolled to lose the top quarter of the frame.

Almost makes you feel the summer warmth just looking at it :)

As been said a lovely image but agree with Bob maybe a small crop off the top

Don't know if there was more sky than currently showing but it looks better to me with the screen scrolled to lose the top quarter of the frame. Almost makes you feel the summer warmth just looking at it :)
As been said a lovely image but agree with Bob maybe a small crop off the top
Hi Robert and Peter - yes Bob, there was more sky than currently showing, I gave a lot of thought to how much sky I could leave rather than crop. My personal feeling was to allow the nearest billowing cloud some space. The willows are also billowing skywards and the clear blue strip of sky serves to balance a featureless field of canola and the vivid foreground. Well those were my thoughts in composing the picture.

There are many ways in which this picture might have otherwise been cropped - this was just how it worked best for me. :shrug:

Back