Wild Golden Eagle

Hi Mate
Not half bad considering you were using a Nikon.
I know what you are going to say I need to get on and post some I will i just haven't got the enthusiasm at the moment. Looks like Chas has got a few good ones as well.
Rich

Thanks for commenting. As Rich says a male eagle landed 7 metres away from us and had his dinner just as we packed our lenses away and then all hell broke loose. It was like something out of a comedy as we tried to get our stuff unpacked as Rich sat calmly firing away at the bird..

Hi Mate
Not half bad considering you were using a Nikon.
I know what you are going to say I need to get on and post some I will i just haven't got the enthusiasm at the moment. Looks like Chas has got a few good ones as well.
Rich

Either that ir your scared to post images from the inferior 1DX....

you are lucky to get to see them never mind photographing them

it the shot at ground level in the snow?

Awesome!

Superb images, a real rare treat indeed. A sight i will never witness myself any time soon.

No offence whatsoever intended here, but i take it there was some sort of a "carcass" out of view?

Hi Paul
As mark says there was fish out of sight one thing worth mentioning is Connie doesn't bait the area everyday so the birds do not become reliant on the food. The downside of that is you don't get Eagles every day we drew a blank 2 days of the six we were there and one of the others wasn't great. That said I would have it no other way the birds then stay self sufficient I must admit to only using people I know to be working in the best interests of the wildlife we photograph.
Rich

No offence at all. There was some fish used to help bring the birds to the area. The reason its fish is that is easy to get hold of and that its softer for the birds to get when in temps being so low at times and meat stays frozen sold.

No problems, i couldnt make out the dark object(to the Eagles left) that the 1st Magpie appears to be on?...Is that a large fish then? or could it be a Crow further back?

Hi Paul
As mark says there was fish out of sight one thing worth mentioning is Connie doesn't bait the area everyday so the birds do not become reliant on the food. The downside of that is you don't get Eagles every day we drew a blank 2 days of the six we were there and one of the others wasn't great. That said I would have it no other way the birds then stay self sufficient I must admit to only using people I know to be working in the best interests of the wildlife we photograph.
Rich

Excellent Rich, its all good mate...I have no problems at all with sensible "baiting". I also wouldnt have a problem if i was to see images of these fantastic creatures, feeding off of a carcass either.

Cheers Paul.

Come on Mark your holding back ;) even with that old steam driven relic you call a camera I know you have more than this.:naughty:
Rich

Come on Mark your holding back ;) even with that old steam driven relic you call a camera I know you have more than this.:naughty:
Rich

Yip your right the D4s is becoming a relic, well it will be when the D5 cones out- might wait for a D5s model.

Last edited:
Back