Critique Golden Hour, Lochan Urr Glen Etive Yesterday - PHOTO's added

Plans Sunday next week? Hopefully some more snow will be down....which I think this spot needs....

If there is a nice sunny but frosty spell I might go far a few days but I have to be pretty certain. But first of all the car needs full winter tyre setup. Last night it felt almost outright too dangerous around town.

If there is a nice sunny but frosty spell I might go far a few days but I have to be pretty certain. But first of all the car needs full winter tyre setup. Last night it felt almost outright too dangerous around town.

Fair do, Yesterday was the only non rainy/windy/miserable/only fit for watching the TV day. Next week is hopeless but its to get colder by the end of next week meaning a bit more snow and nice clear air. I'm in work until Sunday anyway so it can stay rubbish until then :D

Really like that Steve, lovely light and colours. Hopefully some nice weather from Sunday for a few days if you could sort that out please.

Reactions: ST4
Perfect reflection. I bet you had a great time photographing this scene.

For sure. I was there for 2hrs actually just taking in the view and the stillness. I took a few frames but this is the best despite not being the last one before the sun went down. The clouds were absent, came for this timing, then left.

I deliberately chose a longer fl for this, for when you are stood here, looking at the reflection its the sense of hieght from the mountains, and depth of the water that gives this great reflections. Despite it being an open view, you feel the scale and might of the hills. A shorter fl rather shrinks the mountains back, pushes them away, I wanted to bring them in

Beautiful scene, but the dark cloud "UFO" in the middle of the reflection fails to match the upper portion and is distracting. That's not to say this isn't a great photo, because it is. Congratulations.

As usual Steve, "Excellent" bit of work.(y)

George.

Really taken with that second version! Superb light and scenery make for a great image IMO.

I prefer both of those 2nd versions as the light on the mountains is checked down a bit and not quite so bright! Spot on reflections as per usual.

Agree with Stu's comments on the first Steve, prefer the richer version.
Still very nice mate.

Back