Golden Mushroom Drop

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Hi all

I like the way the column of water is pushing against the second drop.. showing the surface tension in the water :)

Red water dropped into dark blue water
MT24EX used with head A left at 45 degs to yellow reflector behind shot at 1/32 power, head B at right again at yellow reflector behind the shot at 1/32 power, EOS50D, 2seconds exposure, ISO200, F16, EF180L.

4065394393_40b042b8fb.jpg

Very good colour and light control. But I don't quite understand about '2seconds exposure'.

From my understanding the room will be dark, and it is the flash fining within the two exposure that provides the light and makes it possible to freeze the motion of the drop. I'd love to know how the flash is triggered, mechanism or it's just guess work and lots of patience and practice?

superbly done sir!! just love the way the reflecting is perfect too!

Fabulous shot! Thats a potential cover of a sci fi book :D :)

Many thanks everyone and glad you like it (y)

Very good colour and light control. But I don't quite understand about '2seconds exposure'.

From my understanding the room will be dark, and it is the flash fining within the two exposure that provides the light and makes it possible to freeze the motion of the drop. I'd love to know how the flash is triggered, mechanism or it's just guess work and lots of patience and practice?

Spot on (y) The room doesn't need to be very dark, just dark enough to not expose the falling drop. I use a timer to drop the water and then fire the flash after a delay allthough it is perfectly possible to do it by trial and error :)

Not sure how Splog has done it. You can do it either way. Look on this site for a way of making you're own trigger. HiViz

These do get some good reviews and results and are pretty cheap too ..

Thanks again everyone for the kind comments, much appreciated (y)

Steve

Thanks Peter (y)

Back