Golden Swan

Name
Steve (Being Kind)
Edit My Images
Yes
An old shot taken with my K20 over 3yrs ago, came across it on an old dusty hard drive.:) Taken Mid winter at 4.00pm sunset here at that time. The swan almost seems like he is floating on a lake of gold. Composition breaks all the rules, but I wanted to show the circle of ripples the swan created.

Swan at Sunset by SFB579, on Flickr

I'd be proud to have taken that shot Steve- sod the rules mate, they are made to be broken( obviously not the forum rules as if I'd dare to suggest we broke any TP rules for heavens sake)
Its a cracker that is :clap:

Les (y)

I'd be proud to have taken that shot Steve- sod the rules mate, they are made to be broken( obviously not the forum rules as if I'd dare to suggest we broke any TP rules for heavens sake)
Its a cracker that is :clap:

Les (y)

Thank's Les, when I first viewed this on the back of the LCD the swan was almost a silhouette, thankfully shot in RAW and rescued it to make not a bad shot IMHO. Taken over three years ago in mid December.

No composition rules broken here?

The swan is sitting roughly on the vertical third, and the main ripple disturbance is sitting roughly on a horizontal third.

This wouldn't have worked so well if the swan had been dead central.

As it is, it works well, aided by some glorious light.

I think its a superb shot. My only crit would be it's slightly tilted to the right?

I think its a superb shot. My only crit would be it's slightly tilted to the right?

You know I think you could possibly be right there.:bonk:

Back