Goldfinch in flight

Edit My Images
Yes
I really cannot wait to get some decent light, will make these shots a lot easier

D700 500f4 @ f4 1/1000 sec

236_063.jpg

There I was getting all excited that I got a Goldfinch today Martyn, shall not bother posting now :( Excellent capture from you :clap::clap:

Really great shot Martyn :clap:

Martyn, master of the little birds in flight :notworthy: Not an easy shot the speed these fellows fly at, very well done (y)

thats really nice and great BG to go with it too.
Rob.

Wow great shot, I am with Rich can get some shots of them on the feeder but to get some in flight that is taking it to a different level. Know what you mean about the light though

Damn, that's good(y)(y) I get loads of these in my garden and I've wasted hours trying to get a decent shot of one in flight!! Well done:)

Thanks for your comments.

As always using single shot mode, rather than continuous high speed, just some simple observation on the birds behaviour, practise and luck .... ;)

Sometimes just missing the critical focus, like this one ... :bang:

236_059.jpg

Thanks for your comments.

As always using single shot mode, rather than continuous high speed, just some simple observation on the birds behaviour, practise and luck .... ;)

Sometimes just missing the critical focus, like this one ... :bang:

236_059.jpg
You could have called that 'Love is in the air'
What a shame you missed it Martyn, but it really isnt easy is it, they are so quick. This would have been a stunner imo.

First one is a corker :) What a beauty.

Shame you missed the second.

Ditto Trev's comments. Do you use a hide/camouflage?

Belvide is managed by the West Midlands Birdwatching Club, there are 4 fixed hides around the reserve, this was shot from one of them.

I do also wear a camo jacket, but mainly because it is ace at keeping the wind and cold out :D

Two great capture Martyn, hopefully it will not be long before your's and all our wishes for some decent light will be granted. At least I think we are now heading in the right direction.

Regards: Gordon

Martyn No1 post.
Timed to perfection and composition to complement.
Colour detail of the feathers and sharpness of the eye fabulous.
Regards
Paul.

Missing the focus is easy done when attempting shots like this, but what a shot it would have been sharp. Love the first one.(y)

1st shot !brilliant!

Back