Goldfinch in the park

Thanks Roger This was a rubbish one for the bin,................but I had a play around to try to retrieve it...........looked at it today FAILED .........and embarrassed that I had posted it:banghead::banghead:

Thanks Roger This was a rubbish one for the bin,................but I had a play around to try to retrieve it...........looked at it today FAILED .........and embarrassed that I had posted it:banghead::banghead:
Don't be embarrassed Charles it's all part of the learning process and none of us are too old or too experienced to learn :)

Don't be embarrassed Charles it's all part of the learning process and none of us are too old or too experienced to learn :)

Amen great post roger. Charlie,this takes time mate,especially for slow learners like me, I posted something recently was really chuffed and was told frankly and honestly " sorry mate this is for the bin" ha I was utterly gutted kiddo:rolleyes::). but keep pushing my friend. Like our esteemed friend says all of us have been there. Charlie it is part of learning sometimes we need others to be honest and point these things out. I guess it takes time to really hone our eyes,to what is really sharp.

Charles, i've had a bit of luck recently not birds but wildlife. This breif whirlwind of time coinciding with an unreal gift of repeat chances and a silly number of images,has meant I feel I've learnt much these last weeks, One of the biggest factors that has been rammed home is how my gear comes alive when I'm silly close The guys really educated me about cropping Charlie. it hit me like a stone mate. Try to frame a pic,get right away from the cropping facet,look you are going to use this asset mate. But it's not for making a tiny thing in the center of the frame shot on centerpoint big in frame, it's to hone framing, where one is a smidgen or so off, but one has many pixies on subject.

Mate I keep refering to me 'cause I'm trying to pass on what has been given so freely by these cracking guys we call togs. I had this driven home very early on. it makes one start to work the focal points ponder landscape or portrait,getting close where one doesn't really need to crop really forces us to use the tools forces us to learn it's a great disciplin bro also squeezes fieldcraft out of us. In many ways as a learner it is really harsh Charlie, one cuts bits off screams at ones self when no one is looking,but as a teaching tool I think it's wonderful.

We start taking pics of everything then we get the odd good un and slow but sure start to realise that full frame image is simply better in every way than the hundreds taken of same subject previously,it's a constant evolution mate.

A bit laboured maybe this post buddy ,but I don't want you to feel bad about posting anything ,as Roger says this is how we learn and as I say of late some of the above has been really driven home,I can see now so clearly what these more experienced guys have so desparately been trying to show me
hope dis helps:)
all the luck

Stu

Back