Goldfinch

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Now that the sun has totaly changed postion, I have had to re-position the feeders. It leaves me about 5-6 ft away, most of the regulars are used to my presence but the Goldies noticed the Nijer seed was in a different place and were not happy :LOL: After landing in a nearby tree they would dart down and fly off again as soon as they saw me. However I was not going to give in, and eventually this one came down and settled for a brief moment, as in my other thread the pose could have been better on this one as well, and I reckons focus is just off of the eye but hopefully with a bit more patience they will think nothing of coming in close to me.

Goldie_filtered.jpg

Last edited:
Good detail Rich - just some patience now. Just a question of why is the only time they are still is when they are looking away from you :bang:

Lovely shot with great detail (y)

Regards
Richard

Thats a great shot, 5-6ft how do you get so close without spooking them?
Pete

Lovely shot Rich, the BG is great with the colours on the goldie. Your working so close to these guys, it must feel good just to be there (y)

Thanks, yes Tom a bit of patience indeed. It is good just to be sat there watching them, thing is the Robin is never far away from me, so I am sure they pick up on that and makes them more at ease with the situation.

Lovelly shot Rich, a change from being face on

Thanks, thing is that my pet Robin is actually taking the photo's, so I am sure they pick up on that and it makes them more at ease with the situation.

Lovely shot ... how long did he take to get to grips with your kit :D

Lovely shot ... how long did he take to get to grips with your kit :D

:LOL::LOL::LOL: They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but in your case I just have to make allowances ;)

:LOL::LOL::LOL: They say sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but in your case I just have to make allowances ;)

Sorry Rich I was in a playful mood today, I think it was reading someone calling Kaz a "Domestic Goddess" set me off on one :D

Sorry Rich I was in a playful mood today, I think it was reading someone calling Kaz a "Domestic Goddess" set me off on one :D

A Domestic Goddess!!! Dont make me laugh Martyn I got sore lips :D
Although some say her other passion is making feather dusters in her spare time :cautious:

Back