Goldfinch!

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
I think my moving the feeding station and Acer was the best decision yet! I've surprised myself with the results this morning ;)

Both taken with the camera hand held. Could have lowered the ISO a bit from 400 I think, but there was a break in the clouds right before it landed and I didn't have time.

What do you think?

586548447_35db4e1580_o.jpg

586446957_2f10fb9966_o.jpg

:LOL: They never seem as good once I post them. I got all excited about them, and now looking at them I don't think they are as good as I though.

:LOL: They never seem as good once I post them. I got all excited about them, and now looking at them I don't think they are as good as I though.

No, they are. :D :clap:

Fanblinkintastic is my word for this work of yours. Not much wrong with those at all, and I'm unable to offer the level of critique you need to improve on these.

... which is nice. :D

Number two for me, I just like the extra space.

2nd one for me too Jojo, nice & sharp & very well composed (y)
I do think that now your bird photography is improving so much that you need to invest some time into designing more natural surroundings to best show the images.
Excellent work, keep it up :clap:

:LOL: I know what you mean Moomike. There is a list of things to do for the hubby for this weekend, and on it there is a part that says 'find suitable branches to place around the feeding station' ;)

At some point we are going to get a new feeder and I'm going to try and set up something better too, but for now it will have to do... oh and I want an L lens at some point too. I can want right?

Very nice indeed :) Second one especially. They need a bit of NR on the green background, though. I'm extremely jealous :cautious:

Just out of interest, what camera/lens did you use?

Nice work!!

Any of them for me, still trying to get my first one although seem to be just dodging my car as the fly from hedge to hedge, sadly nowhere to stop even on country road.

Very nice indeed :) Second one especially. They need a bit of NR on the green background, though. I'm extremely jealous :cautious:

Just out of interest, what camera/lens did you use?

My 350D and my 70-300 macro Sigma lens ;)

Pretty damned good(y) #1 for me

Really nice shots and you should be proud..:)

If.... And only if I had to leave any critique it would look better in its natural habitat "ie" perched on a branch not a piece of metal, Think its a feeder maybe.:thinking:

Lovely shots though.;)

Actually it's a metal rod for keeping the Acer straight.. a bit different from the usual wooden cane ;)

Back