Goldfinch

Name
Sid
Edit My Images
Yes
Took this last evening of a juvenile American Goldfinch waiting to be fed. It was a noisy little bugger!! I forgot to alter the ISO so I didn't realise that I'd used ISO 400 until now, hence the bit of noise in the shot.

I hope ya'll like it.

Added: 9.15am. I'm sorry but this picture is crap. And all for the sake of using the wrong ISO. Oh well!!

1221957297_df57af1a53_o.jpg

The noise and the bright object bottom left have spoilt what could have been a good shot.
Lovely looking Goldfinch, are they common in your area?

The noise and the bright object bottom left have spoilt what could have been a good shot.
Lovely looking Goldfinch, are they common in your area?

Very very common, along with House & Purple finches, Grackles, Red Winged Blackbirds, Northern Cardinals. We've now got a few Chickadee's passing through and the occasional Humming Bird. Now that's a fun bird to try and photograph!!

Very very common, along with House & Purple finches, Gackles, Red Winged Blackbirds, Northern Cardinals. We've now got a few Chickadee's passing through and the occasional Humming Bird. Now that's a fun bird to try and photograph!!

Sounds good to me, would love the chance to see a Humming Bird let alone photograph one (y)

The noise doesn't bother me tbh - it's a great shot in terms of pose, light and composition. It looks like quite a heavy crop to me - which has lost some feather detail and probably not helped the noise thing. A nice capture all the same :)

Do you get these often? If it was me I'd find a good place to hide and try for some more shots :)

Just noticed - how come you took it in the evening if the time was 9.15am :thinking:

Back