Goldfinch

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Testing the recently purchased Nikon 1.4TC thanks to @Swanseajack for the heads up on that one.Much happier with this than the Kenko,and as @fracster rightly pointed out,much better on the autofocus,cheers Ade.All comments welcome good or bad,my only thought is that perhaps I should have cropped it portrait given the fact the eye is not really looking to the far left as such but more at me,at the same time moving the subject over to the left more also.

057_123_zpsbfgvwkew.jpg

Spot on, just perfect.

I think it works pretty well.

Very nice in current composition.

Glad the TC is working for you Rich. @mark richards I haven't the Nikon version but I had the same problem as Rich with the Kenko when using on the Nikon 300mm f4, sometimes it would be fine then others it was manual focus, the AF was a little in-consistent for me.

I think its just right great shot...funny on the converters, I think they perform about the same ( I've got both ).

Cheers Mark,well the Kenko worked as such but with autofocus it was hunting quite a bit,and that was even if I had it on continuous focus with a static bird.I had tried a couple of BIF shots and that was a lot worse for hunting and locking on, the Nikon is way more snappier.The other thing I found was that the Kenko had a lot more of a loose fit on the body and lens.There was a couple of mm movement on both,perhaps that was the cause.This one is a much tighter and secure fit,not sure what your Kenko is like with regards to that.

Very nice in current composition.

Glad the TC is working for you Rich. @mark richards I haven't the Nikon version but I had the same problem as Rich with the Kenko when using on the Nikon 300mm f4, sometimes it would be fine then others it was manual focus, the AF was a little in-consistent for me.
perhaps its the fitting on cameras..it doesn't fit very tight on camera like the nikon converter does ,I dont know whats the problem with third party lens suppliers, for getting things to fit on cameras.
its not like they are working blind...I have the same problem with my sigma 50-500 lens, somtimes it plays up on my d7100 pins go out of line? not sure..

Back