Goldfinch.

Beautiful capture.
Snapped focus and lovely vibrant colours, - they really stand out against the muted background.

Beautiful capture.
Snapped focus and lovely vibrant colours, - they really stand out against the muted background.

Cheers Paul, it's worth the click over to Flickr, it has better clarity on there.

I still have the little Fuji, it really does punch above its weight.

I've always struggled with goldfinches. I think it's a combination of the very soft feathering and the colouring which can be quite subtle if you don't get the bird looking just the right way. But this is a beauty. The perfect perch, too - compliments the bird without being intrusive.

I've always struggled with goldfinches. I think it's a combination of the very soft feathering and the colouring which can be quite subtle if you don't get the bird looking just the right way. But this is a beauty. The perfect perch, too - compliments the bird without being intrusive.
:agree:

goldfinches are a beautiful bird but the contrast can be difficult to portray but this shot has captured is a beauty in its natural environment. :cool:

Thanks for the comments everybody. (y)

Dale that's really lovely,although you have confused me mate because that looks like pussy willow (goat willow) so surely that means early summer rather than late??

It doesn't matter just got me curious Dale;) it's a lovely frame cracking bkg adore said perch, beautiful bird, sharp, great HA ,love it kiddo The detail and your cracking exp really stand out,as Janny says goldies are tricky

nice one bro

stu

Wonderful capture enhanced by a colourful bokeh and the foliage .

Dale that's really lovely,although you have confused me mate because that looks like pussy willow (goat willow) so surely that means early summer rather than late??

stu

I have to agree Stu, I checked the exif and it's actually late April (still early maybe?), I had confused it with a later visit to this reserve which happened the following September, I did goldies then too, These senior moment things are kicking in a bit too early for my liking, I'm only 50. :LOL:

I should've realised too :thinking: as that's when I had the 100-400XF on loan.

Thanks for the comments everybody.

Last edited:
You are way north of me Dale I don't know your seasons but yup April does make a bit more sense ;)lol More seriously,with the warmer,ha ha,ruddy frozen again today,winters,some weird very unseasonal stuff happens !! So I was asking rather than digging for senior moments ,

that said............

I like senior moments bro they make the world fun

i'm older;)

it gets more fun:D

Back