Goldfinches

Edit My Images
Yes
Well the pair of goldfinches that have frequent but very randomly timed visits to our garden came down, and I managed to get some shots through the glass.

goldy2.jpg

It was very windy and they were being blown about quite a lot. I wish I had thought of using a slower shutter to show the movement in the leaves.

goldy.jpg

I opened the door at this stage and they flew away. Despite sitting for over an hour with the camera on tripod and reading a book - they didn't come down again.

Goldies are one of our most nervy and wary little birdies Ewan ... :cautious: ... imge they need plenty of time to accept human presence anywhere near them ... :eek: ... just a case of perseverance like everything else natural world really ... :D ... but nice images for through glass though ... (y)

:p

They are indeed Ven - although it is fairly easy to get up close to them if you move very slowly and stop when they start chirruping and looking worried. The only problem is I have to leave the door open all the time as opening it scares them away!

Thanks for the reply btw :)

We get a few of these in our garden occasionally..but haven't managed any decent shots of them yet..I like these well done mate.

I love Goldfinches, caught sight of a flock of them a few weeks ago - but sadly no camera in hand then!

Nice captures...

@Ven: I notice you're a wealth of knowledge on birds eh...:clap: I have one for you which I will post in another thread in 2 mins... see if you can name it for me cos I have no idea!

Thanks everyone :)

It doesn't look that dark to me Ian - however I ordered some prints the other day and they were all darker than they had looked on my screen - methinks I need a moniter calibration thingy.

Back