Golf GT TDI

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all this is my take on trying some shots of motors.

:clap: fair play to all that do this well is not easy to get the standard of shots you do....

kris im more impressed with your shots now than i was before..:clap:

GT-TDI.jpg

GT-TDI-1.jpg

GT-TDI-2.jpg

thanks for looking any c+c welcome as always.

md(y)

i like them all. I think the power lines could be cloned out maybe? Thats just me being picky though, they're great :)

Is that a sneaky HDR on that first one lol ?

Very kind of you to say so mate, on each and every car you learn something new, and I've found that the real trick is remembering them all, lol.

With regard to the pics, don't put yourself down with these, I like them, (I should post up some early stuff, these are way better than my attempts) but you've not done yourself any favours by shooting a black car in strong daylight. That spot, early in the morning or late in the evening would a belter. With the black cars the reflections are a bugga, in the evening at sunset for example you get that great orange into deep blue sky reflected right up the side of the car.

The bits in the background are an easy fix, but its best not to have things sticking out the top of the car. My fave is the last as its a pleasing angle, the ridgeline in the background is not interfering with any of the lines of the body, and the reflections are neater and it just looks more summery.

Where is that by the way? I swear I've been there by the look of that last shot.

All the above is only MHO,

Kris

Ps: I had a play, if you don't mind that is ?? ... If you like, say so, and I'll tell you what I did.

GTPF.jpg

Good angles - unfortunately the back of the car in 3 is a bit grimy and it shows.

(It's nothing like the state of my car, though - I think the dirt earns mine an extra NCAP star.)

I would like to see better colour saturation in all three - they're a tiny bit washed-out looking. A kind of British look. I'd don a polariser and bluen-up the sky, reduce the car reflections and remove some of the haze over that beautiful view in #1.

Is the GT the model with the absolutely gorgeous interior? Want one!

Some nice pic's, IMO no.1 needs attention to the white balance, i don't mind the power lines in it either.

No.2 again needs a tweak in white balance and the aerial abouve the car needs cloning out.

No.3 is fine except a polarising filter might have been useful to take some of the glare of the car roof.

But overall a nice set.(y)

thanks for the feedback chaps..(y)

kris i like the edit i can see a big difference.

the spot is a place called clee hill in shropshire. " just up the road from me"

i will have the car for a week or so. i will try some more
thanks for the feedback...

md(y)

Back