Another batch from my recent 2 days in the Cairngorms

EOS-1Ds MkII, EF500 f/4L IS, some with 1.4x extender

Thanks for looking

Paul

#3 + #5 for me!

#2 seems weird - takes a while to work out which way he's facing

great set though, well done :)

drew

Thanks very much. The facing thing is a bit odd. They are constantly looking around while fishing and quite often not looking the way they are flying!

Thanks very much. The facing thing is a bit odd. They are constantly looking around while fishing and quite often not looking the way they are flying!

"seagull syndrome" Paul
They are constantly looking out for ariel predators (or robbers)
They are more venerable whilst carrying the extra weight
( thats all Bop's not just osprey's)

nice set (y)

Again brilliant shots! I love number 2, 5 might look better with a bit off the bottom.

Spot on...............No 4 is marvellous :clap:

"seagull syndrome" Paul
They are constantly looking out for ariel predators (or robbers)
They are more venerable whilst carrying the extra weight
( thats all Bop's not just osprey's)

nice set (y)

Thanks Chris. They really were cautious before going into the water. To the point that you couldn't move your lens onto them until they had committed or they would abort that dive. I guess those trout must slow them down a bit so they are bound to be cautious!

Again brilliant shots! I love number 2, 5 might look better with a bit off the bottom.

Thanks Liam. It's a bit of a crop anyway but I will give it a go. Was trying to show a bit of environment but think you might be right that it is too much.

Spot on...............No 4 is marvellous :clap:

Thanks. 4 is my personal favourite too. Looks like he's surfing!

Another great set mate, numbers 3,4,and 5 for me :clap:

Thanks very much.

Great set Paul. Of down to the Cairngorms tomorrow, fingures crossed I'll get a few tomorrow

Thanks and good luck for tomorrow. It's a magical place!

Paul

very nice set of a difficult subject paul - no 4 works best for me.

Nice set, love the way the bird rotates the fish head on to make it more aerodynamic (y)

Thanks all.

MK - Yes it is Rothiemurchus, about the only place in Britain to get this sort of opportunity

Martyn, I agree, it is great to watch them shuffling the fish around...

Not if you know the right places. ;)

Be intrigued to know where else to get reliable shots of osprey fishing. Not seen any pictures on here or any of the other forums of that sort of stuff in the UK. Please spill the beans!

Awesome. You must have lightening quick reflexes!

Thanks. I missed a good few too! Oh and the camera locked up on the best pass.

unbelievable (y)(y) only just started trying to take birds in my garden....think i will give up now :LOL:

these are fanastic SHOTS!!in naturalhunting mode sharp andclear :shrug:.looks like a quality place.(y)

:help:(y):these are fanastic SHOTS!!in naturalhunting mode sharp andclear :shrug:.looks like a quality place.(y)#3;#4n#5 yo...

Not bad!

Only joking - great set of shots! I just missed an osprey fishing the other week.. heard a splash, turned round and the osprey was flying off with a fish. Typically, I had my wideangle lens on the camera at the time!!

Back