Gone Fishin'

I really like that John but IMO there is room for improvement (y) so I've had a little play, this is a little but of a fun edit more than anything

Marzi Edit by mwhcvt, on Flickr

If you want me to take it down please let me know (y)

What I did, I cropped it in a little tighter, then I cloned what was left of the tree at the top of frame, finally I applied a faux tilt shift filter to it that takes all but a small area of the image out of focus and boosts the colours, I thought that it would give the image a little bit of a twist (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

I prefer the crop of the edit but nothing else. The fake blurring looks daft and the colours are off...sorry but that's my honest opinion. too much detail has been lost in both the sky, bg and fishermen.

The original does need a crop and contrast boost though.

Thanks for the edit its fine i like to see how people put their own thinking into my images :)

I'm going to have a play with it now to see what I can do with it. There are always people fishing up there so hopefully go up again soon and try again.

Thanks for the replies

Having looked at some of your other photos on flickr, one thing I would say is when taking pictures of landscapes it usually works better when its not so central. So if there is a really good sky then compose it so that more sky is in the picture or if the foreground is more interesting show more of that. Generally it works better when the subject is on a third (if you know about the rule of thirds) it makes the picture more pleasing to the eye :)

There are some nice landscapes on you flickr though, just need to perfect the details.

Having looked at some of your other photos on flickr, one thing I would say is when taking pictures of landscapes it usually works better when its not so central. So if there is a really good sky then compose it so that more sky is in the picture or if the foreground is more interesting show more of that. Generally it works better when the subject is on a third (if you know about the rule of thirds) it makes the picture more pleasing to the eye :)

There are some nice landscapes on you flickr though, just need to perfect the details.

Thanks for the tips. I bought my camera on monday and I'm a complete noob so trying to learn everything nice and quickly :)

Hopefully will improve sooner rather than later.

Back