Gone sealin'

Name
George
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been doing lots of lurking, but jeez, I haven't actually posted in ages :eek:. Very remiss of me :bat:

So I was down at Donna Nook with a few friends yesterday and today. I've had an ear infection over the last week and not had much sleep because of it, so setting off at 3am wasn't great on the Saturday morning. As we left, there was a thick fog that lasted all the way there. Visibility can't have been more than 20m - sometimes less.

We got there and went out onto the beach (expecting the rising sun to clear the fog), but we got completely lost. We know Donna Nook well between us, but you'd be amazed to find how hard it is to walk in a straight line in the fog. During our travels we met about 10 other people that also had no idea in which way the sea was or on just how to get back to the cars. We eventually walked back using the direction of the wind as guidance, figuring we'd done the best part of a 3 mile round trip left of the small car park. Not having seen a single seal and the fog not having cleared in the slightest, we spent the rest of the day on the nursery.

Sunday was better and we spent the whole day out on the beach. Some good shooting to be had and it wasn't as cold as the Saturday.

These shots are from the Sunday.

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

These are a few of the shots from Saturday. The first one is just to show the conditions - that's somebody else that was lost on the beach

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Very nice set. 10 and 11 strike me as the standouts...though your image of a lone figure on the beach is also very good.

Ah, Navigating in fog! I used to love taking the recruits out on navigation exercises in the fog. Always highly entertaining! I really like 2, 4 and 5. Great IQ, what were you shooting with?

lovely shots(y)

Back