gone to sleep

Name
Phil Sage
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi people, i have a technical question, my camera Canon 100d goes to sleep as it should when not used for five minutes or so (not sure exactly), this isn't the issue. the problem is waking it up, i hold the shutter half way down and nothing happens, i then have to remove the battery wait three or four seconds, replace the battery, i sometimes have to do this a couple of times to wake the camera. This happens intermittently sometimes i can go all day sometimes i have to carry out this operation half a dozen times....any one have similar issues ?

Had a similar thing on a 1Ds II body and ended up having the power circuit board replaced by Canon. Can't remember how much it was now but in relation to cost of 1Ds II it was worth it, the 100D might not be.

Last edited:
Had a mate with a similar issue (different model) and eventually we worked out it only did it with one of his batteries. Dont know it one was duff or a fake (both looked the same) so it might be worth trying a different battery before you get it looked at.

... and/or see if you can change your Power Saving settings.

If all else fails, try turning the camera off in between shots before it goes off automatically.

Last edited:
Back