Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
No
Afternoon,

Such a beautiful evening on the North Antrim Coast ... the light was beautiful but more so the mood. I had actually finished shooting and was just taking in the beauty of it all .. one of those moments you are so pleased that you do what you do allowing you to be outside and amongst it ... then from the corner of my eye it happened ....

Crash .... Bang .. Smash ....

Tripod over with Fuji XE2 + 10-24mm on the rocks ... with the latter now rolling away from the body ....

Just had repair quote ... £200 ....

25311489060_fe24c9531d_z.jpg

Anyway... that was then ... Still glad I managed to get a few frames before it all well a bit wrong ...

Camera: Fuji XE2
Lens: Fuji 10-24mm (@10mm)
Settings: ISO 200, f/11, 1/10 second
0.9 Grad

Have a great afternoon everyone.

Nige

Good news is that it can be repaired for not too much money. A few years ago I dropped a Nikon body and lens into Lough Erne, Both where reasonably new with a replacement cost of £1200 you live and learn. :)

Nice image btw.

Lovely light in that image and a great sky too.

Shame about the camera and lens, hope you get it sorted soon.

Feel for you, had similar happen a few years ago, a sudden gust of wind and over went the tripod. Luckily the camera landed in a rockpool rather than on the rocks, so just needed the water emptying and then drying for a few days.

That's one of the problems with being lost in the moment, the attention tends to wander.

Nice shot to come away with though, some lovely colours in the sky. I would be tempted to give the foreground just a touch more contrast, so it better matches the sky.

Hope you get back up and running quickly and keep up your youtube channel, really enjoy your coastal explorations.

That's a great shot but an expensive one by the sound of things. Not much fun when things kick you in the teeth like that. Hope you get it sorted soon though.

Love the light on this and quite dramatic. I'd maybe take a bit off the top just to get the horizon to the top third.

Sorry to hear about the kit, I've had a few near misses myself. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Insured?

Back