Beginner Good Camera under £200

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
I have really cut down my camera equipment. I now only have iPhones. But I have a new baby daughter and a 3 year old who is doing some great things. So I know you can't get anywhere near the best for under £200 but I wondered if anyone had some suggestions of a quality carry around camera for that kind of money?

Many thanks
Scott

new or used. dslr size or tiny etc. zoom needed ?

New or used, happy with either, bagable. A zoom would be nice but do not need a super zoom

Maybe a used Nikon D90. Although I never used on I nearly brought one and saw a review in a camera magazine charting all the great Nikon cameras and it was listed there. They go for around the £150 mark which would leave you a bit for a lens.

Looking round some of the used sites... you should be able to get a used Nikon D5000 and 18-70 in good condition for that price.

There are probably a few options for a little over that price... there seem to be a few 3000 and 5000 series bodies around and the 18-135 could be another option.

Looking round some of the used sites... you should be able to get a used Nikon D5000 and 18-70 in good condition for that price.

There are probably a few options for a little over that price... there seem to be a few 3000 and 5000 series bodies around and the 18-135 could be another option.

Maybe a used Nikon D90. Although I never used on I nearly brought one and saw a review in a camera magazine charting all the great Nikon cameras and it was listed there. They go for around the £150 mark which would leave you a bit for a lens.

I have had both and either would be fine. The D90 is bigger I think and more adaptable (and an all round top camera), the D5000 is smaller and lighter from memory, has loads of pre-set scene modes that might be helpful and the tiltable screen. Mine underexposed compared to my D90 for some reason but I don't think this was a common problem (and can be fixed by dialling some exposure comp.)

All great ideas but I think going back to dslr would not be the way for me. After something a lot more portable

Back