good carbon fiber tripod

Name
rick
Edit My Images
Yes
going to be looking out for a carbon fiber tripod soon don't want to pay the earth but it has to be able to take my 1d mkll and a 70-200 f2.8 is, I like the idea of the reversible centre bit as well. needs to be fairly tall as I am 6ft 3"

any suggestions and recommendations :help:

Cheer Rick

I have one of there normal tripods and its very good just to heavy as I found out the other week carry it along with my camera gear trying to get some where quick to catch a sun set :(

red snapper do a carbon fibre one. I have the cheaper/heavier version and it works well for me. I'm 6"4 btw.

I have a Manfrotto CarbonOne 441 - the trouble is, it reverberates. That is a feature of carbon I'm afraid.

I still use it for flying, because of the weight saving, but you do need to weigh it down when using it, so make sure you have a bag and a piece of string with you, to put a few rocks in, or other weight (your camera bag can be used to weigh it down if you have the required piece of string!

I use an alloy one all the time and only resort to the carbion one when I really am pushed for weight - not all they are cracked up to be from my point of view. Look lovely mind.;)

Carbon is better at absorbing vibration than aluminium, but because it is lighter it is more sensitive to the ambient conditions, such as the wind.

I saw some really good stuff the other weekend from Giotto's, some new carbon fibre models - really light and well made and available with the adjustable columns or just normal reversible columns. Check out their website www.giottos-tripods.co.uk

Sorry, meant to say the model I liked the look of was the MTL8261B - with a head on it and then the camera perfectly suitable for you at 6"3. i'm 6"1 and it was too tall. About £200 and it only weighed 1.5kg

So the camera hangs upside down ? yes... :D

You can on most. On the CarboneOne you can put it flat too. It will also reverse and you can shoot from ground level. I think most pro spec tripods will have these same features.

Cor Blimey..... thats a good price !!

factor in a ball head :D

Back