Good compact rant

Little update, LCE had a very well price LX100 ii. I actually believe it might have been a mistake at £519 including delivery. No box, but all accessories and a half case, from what the seller can see the shutter count is 179. I have spotted it immediately and passed an order so it will be with me soon. Finger crossed, it will be as described and there will be no bad surprise.

I'm pretty excited I loved the original LX100. It is not pocketable but near enough, and the manual control are just perfect.

If it is good I will be selling all my A7iii kit because at the moment I do not use it enough to justify keeping it.

Little update, LCE had a very well price LX100 ii. I actually believe it might have been a mistake at £519 including delivery. No box, but all accessories and a half case, from what the seller can see the shutter count is 179. I have spotted it immediately and passed an order so it will be with me soon. Finger crossed, it will be as described and there will be no bad surprise.

I'm pretty excited I loved the original LX100. It is not pocketable but near enough, and the manual control are just perfect.

If it is good I will be selling all my A7iii kit because at the moment I do not use it enough to justify keeping it.
Generally speaking, that's how much I think its actually worth tbh. Some places like to overprice it.
But if its the genuine half case and the shutter count is really only 179 then it is a nice bargain you got there.

Generally speaking, that's how much I think its actually worth tbh.
That is exactly what I think too, and what I was happy to pay. I couldn't see it is anywhere under £699 used and totally out of stock new in the uk,

That is exactly what I think too, and what I was happy to pay. I couldn't see it is anywhere under £699 used and totally out of stock new in the uk,
A couple of months ago I was looking for an LX100ii, as I missed my original LX100. But I couldn’t find a Mk2 for love or money, so you done well. I ended up with a brand-new old stock Mk1. Just watch out for the dust doom-mongers! The problem does apparently exist but I’ve never seen it in any of my shots, so don’t go looking for it. ;)

A couple of months ago I was looking for an LX100ii, as I missed my original LX100. But I couldn’t find a Mk2 for love or money, so you done well. I ended up with a brand-new old stock Mk1. Just watch out for the dust doom-mongers! The problem does apparently exist but I’ve never seen it in any of my shots, so don’t go looking for it. ;)

Unfortunately I bought one that had to go straight back...

bbLi31e.jpg

How anyone who knows what they're doing can sell a camera in that state and claim it's in good condition I don't know but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and believe they either never stopped down and/or just or didn't notice.

I have very nearly bought another several times since but I think I've decided to just use the TZ100 when I want a small camera with a zoom.

As for going looking for it I suppose it all depends. If you only ever use it wide open and nothing shows up or you just don't care that's fine but when buying and selling I think this needs checking for.

Last edited:
Tell the truth, I never shoot pictures of grey cards ;)

Grey cards? Oh come on... other and real world subjects will readily show contamination. You think that above didn't show up in real world pictures?

It's completely up to the buyer if they'll accept a camera in that condition or any degree of contamination but everyone should at least be honest when selling. And should be aware of the potential issue with these camera when buying.

Last edited:

My original got a lot of dust suddently after more than a year of use. Then I took onto myself to suck the dust out of the lens with a hoover. Then I went a bit too crazy with the hoover. Then I had to list my camera for spare/part only on ebay because the insides of the lens were all wobly :-(. I felt a bit stupid and always regretted both my doing and the camera.

Grey cards? Oh come on... other and real world subjects will readily show contamination. You think that above didn't show up in real world pictures?

It's completely up to the buyer if they'll accept a camera in that condition or any degree of contamination but everyone should at least be honest when selling. And should be aware of the potential issue with these camera when buying.

I have ask LCE to check and they say it has been checked and it is all clear but i'll definitly check on arrival.

My original got a lot of dust suddently after more than a year of use. Then I took onto myself to suck the dust out of the lens with a hoover. Then I went a bit too crazy with the hoover. Then I had to list my camera for spare/part only on ebay because the insides of the lens were all wobly :-(. I felt a bit stupid and always regretted both my doing and the camera.
Wonder if there’s a seal which can suddenly fail? As I said, my previous LX100 had no problems, nor has this new one. Maybe time will tell. But then again, I’m a light user of cameras (I treat them like each shot costs the same as on a film camera) so I may never see it.

Wonder if there’s a seal which can suddenly fail? As I said, my previous LX100 had no problems, nor has this new one. Maybe time will tell. But then again, I’m a light user of cameras (I treat them like each shot costs the same as on a film camera) so I may never see it.
I don't think the number of shots matter, it's more the environment you shoot in.

Doesn't the lens extend and retract at least partially every time you turn it on and off? That can't help I suppose. I think one reason could be that Panasonic might have been a bit sloppy with the design or build at some point in time, or at least that what the company who repaired my GM5 said.

Last edited:
Doesn't the lens extend and retract at least partially every time you turn it on and off? That can't help I suppose. I think one reason could be that Panasonic might have been a bit sloppy with the design or build at some point in time, or at least that what the company who repaired my GM5 said.
Indeed it does. It’s not beyond the bounds of possibility that the spec of a seal was changed during its production life.

Back