Good Days Shopping

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Well pretty good. Went into Bristol cameras earlier today and picked up the Nikon SB800. A fantastic piece of kit, so versatile. Although it has a lower guide number than my Sigma flash, it is considerably more powerful. Also wanted the SC28 cord but unfortunately it was out of stock but should be able to pick it up next week. Now I've seen how good the Nikon flash guns are, I'm seriously considering dumping the Sigma and getting another SB800 or SB600, hmmm... What do you reckon?

Also went to Jessops to get the extension tubes that they had on offer but they had all gone:( But still a good day.

Dont get the sc28,, get the sc 29 as its only another ten quid and has the af assist on it
and if the nikon has a lower guide number than the sigma how can it be more pwerful ?

Having used Nikon flashes in the past i would definately recommend ditching the Sigma and getting another SB800 or a 600.
Its a fact of life that no other camera or flash manufacturer comes even remotely close to Nikons CLS.

dont get the sc28,, get the sc 29 as its only another ten quid and has the af assist on it
and if the nikon has a lower guide number than the sigma how can it be more pwerful ?

Cheers for the tip. I'm not sure how it's more powerful. The Nikon only has a guide number of 38 compared to the Sigma's 50 but on some indoor test shots, it was definitely the brighter flash.

Nikon measure the GN @ focal length 35 mm whilst sigma and I think also Canon measure GN @ focal length 105 mm.

hence the difference.

from instruction book for sb800
GN @ 35 mm= 38
GN @ 105 mm = 56

simple i'snt it ??:LOL:

Nikon measure the GN @ focal length 35 mm whilst sigma and I think also Canon measure GN @ focal length 105 mm.

hence the difference.

from instruction book for sb800
GN @ 35 mm= 38
GN @ 105 mm = 56

simple i'snt it ??

I see. That would explain it then.

Back