good deal or not **Scam Warning**

I have never heard of them but a quick search on dnsstuff.com has returned the below info. The site was only registered last week and is owned by a company in America.

Domain name:
camerafamily.co.uk

Registrant:
ID Domain Privacy Network (IDdp.Net)

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
588 Sutter St. #129
San Francisco
CA
US

Registrar:
Key-Systems GmbH [Tag = KEY-SYSTEMS-DE]
URL: http://www.Key-Systems.net

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 23-Aug-2007
Renewal date: 23-Aug-2009

Registration status:
Registration request being processed.

Name servers:
ns1.prostohost.ru
ns2.prostohost.ru

WHOIS lookup made at 20:44:43 26-Aug-2007

--
This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry
for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2007.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted
by the terms of use available in full at http://www.nominet.org.uk/whois, which
includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its
repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing
or hiding any or all of this notice and (C) exceeding query rate or volume
limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the
register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.

thaks very much for info, just seems a deal that cannot be missed especially the nikon but i am very wary.......oh dear, decisions decisions

Just been trying to understand their returns policy, it sounds like any problem you ahve is between you and the manufacturer (i.e. Canon or Nikon)

Defective items are eligible for repair/service or exchange directly through the Original Equipment Manufacturer at no cost to you.

Please contact the Original Equipment Manufacturer for warranty entitlement policies. Returns due to technical malfunction can only be accepted on items diagnosed defective by the Original Equipment Manufacturer's Technical Support Department.

can anyone tell me if this is a good deal or is there a catch somewhere im not seeing, or has anyone dealt with this company before.

http://camerafamily.co.uk/eos400d.html

Hi Bro,

as King has said above - best to stay clear, be a few s/h bargains appearing shortly with the new Canons/Nikons being released in time for Xmas.

Mike.

hi everyone, thanks for all advise that i will be taking and waiting till sales and new cameras are out..

very much appreciated.

kev

It's a scam. We've just informed by Derbyshire County Council's Senior Trading Standards Officer.

The address given for the business on the website is actually that of a van hire business in Glossop, Derbyshire who know nothing of Camerafamily. The telephone number given on the website is actually that of an elderley Glossop resident who is fed up having to field enquiries about cameras! We have tried to trace the owner of this business and have established that payment for cameras is to be made by Moneygram to a Sergey Degtyarev. Moneygram is intended as a means of sending a money transfer to family or friends and is an inherently unsafe means of paying for goods. Moneygram have no records of a Sergey Degtyarev.

Money Gram only says it all to me, no credit cards or COD..

try canon refurb shop on ebay, you can get bargain unless some twit decides he likes paying more than retail lol

Speaking of which I've just been bidding on ebay for a 18 month old Canon 24-70 f2.8 lens (I lost interest at £450) and it went for £630. :nuts: Kerso's price for a new one is £635! :)

Thanks for the heads up, the old adage applies here 'If it looks too good to be real it probably is.'(y)

I also read something somewhere about a racket stealing wedding photographers kit during actual weddings. Not guests obviously, but people targeting the photographers kit bag whilst they are working, not sure how true it is, and may be confined to the US currently. Mad world! Watch your £'s and your kit at all times it seems.

Speaking of which I've just been bidding on ebay for a 18 month old Canon 24-70 f2.8 lens (I lost interest at £450) and it went for £630. :nuts: Kerso's price for a new one is £635! :)

What is it with some people on ebay? i'm sure some of them just don't get it.....hmmmm, theres no bids on this item, so i'll bid on it now while theres still 3 days left on it and bid £5 more than the starting price then double that bid an hour later! And then i think i'll buy it for more than I could get it for retail. :wacky:

What is it with some people on ebay? i'm sure some of them just don't get it.....hmmmm, theres no bids on this item, so i'll bid on it now while theres still 3 days left on it and bid £5 more than the starting price then double that bid an hour later! And then i think i'll buy it for more than I could get it for retail. :wacky:

Must be the "thrill" of the auction and a 'I'm not going to be beaten" mentality.

no its called down right stupidity or having tooo much money & not enough sense :LOL:

i check retail prices etc before i bid for items i've seen odd ones go for more than retail. Doh! the idea on ebay is you get a bargain, maybe i'm just wrong :LOL:

ps lenses apart from odd few have been going for crap prices in general recently, one exception is the 'nifty fifty' Mk I has been going for a lot higher than the retail price of a new mark II. Yes i know its better but one went for £90 not that much better :)

definatly all sounds very dodgy.
like others have said, wait for christmas bargains!
:)

Back