Good deal??

Looks like it.
Considerably cheaper when you look at camerapricebuster site.

It's cheaper for the whole kit that body only at amazon or jessops.
But... it's comparable with other grey importers.

The lens is the variable aperture STM lens rather than the f/4 L lens, which is presumably why it's only £200 more than body only at panamoz.

If I were going with a 6D and wanted a 24-105, I'd probably save up for the f/4 L lens unless I was planning to take a lot of video, in which case maybe the STM would be the right lens.

L is the better lens of those two choices but also more expensive. Only you can decide which one to go for. :)

Yes
The 24-105 f4 is a much better lens & would work well with this body + makes a good kit :)

What does the (WG) mean ?

Ignore the above, I read further down and seen its the wifi and gps version. I didn't know it was available without ?

The 24-105 L f/4 is the better lens for photos, I believe that the STM is better for video (silent zoom/focus).
It all comes down to budgets though.

Bear in mind that EF lenses, for full frame cameras like the 6D, are more expnsive than EF-S lenses for crop sensor cameras.
But then again, you have full frame loveliness ;)

Yes.
That's the lens that I have used the most on my 50D, 5D2 & 5D3.
You will not regret your purchase :)

Looks a good deal. As said, I would go for the L lens which you can always sell on for a decent wedge.
True.

But you won't want sell it!

Looking at your other thread (the IS one), do you actually need / want the 24-105, would body only be better?
It looks like you're after a 70-200 L, so perhaps a 24-70 L (the f/2.8 are very expensive and don't have IS, the f/4 is far cheaper and does have IS).
Both 24-70s are reputedly better than the 24-105, but both are more expensive.

I'm not helping much adding more choice into the mix. am I...

Looking at your other thread (the IS one), do you actually need / want the 24-105, would body only be better?
It looks like you're after a 70-200 L, so perhaps a 24-70 L (the f/2.8 are very expensive and don't have IS, the f/4 is far cheaper and does have IS).

Panamoz also do a 6d plus 24-70 f4L IS option

Dont confuse me more lol

You'll not go wrong with that choice.
Whilst I don't have the 6D or 24-105, I have used them both together and they are a great pairing.
Thats good to hear, its thanks to the people in this forum, i almost made the wrong choice

Back