Good Drones

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi beautiful people!
Can anyone recommend a good budget option for the first drone purchase?
I would love to use it to shoot videos of the landscapes.

Dji mini2 is about £400 but you would be best to get the deal with extra batteries they call fly more
The Mavic Air2 is probably the best all round buy at the moment but not 'budget'!

Get a second hand DJI mini or mini 2. Anything else in the DJI range will require you to take the A2CofC qualification (assuming you are in the uk)

Other makers of drones currently cant compete with DJI products in terms of video quality and drone fly ability IMO.

I bought a mini 2 recently. The advantage is that you can fly it over people and in built up areas without having to do courses etc... in the UK, (obv taking into account other restrictions).

Gives 4k video. It's as good as the Mavic Air I bought second hand a few months earlier and I can fly it legally in more places with fewer limitations. A Mavic Pro 2 probably has a better camera though. There is a fair amount of noise on pictures, but not generally noticeable unless you want to crop things afterwards.

Be aware that all these drones are 'legacy' drones and they will have to stay 150m away from people from the end of 2022, by which time a whole new selection of drones should be released. Except for the Mini 2, which will be able to carry on being used as it is, because of its low weight.

If you're going to be doing landscapes and aren't worried about urban environments, you may find there will be good deals on bigger drones as the clock ticks down and people invest in newer technology.

If I was flying in the countryside, I would probably want a better camera, but I live in Greater London and even with a mini 2, the airspace map around London is busy...

Back