Good film lab in Glasgow area ?

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
going to try 35mm film again
Good film lab in Glasgow area ?

FujiFilm Superia 200 and Neopan 400
where can I get them developed, printed, and onto CD without going to Boots?

emailed Stephensons Photographic, a lab in Newton Mearns - didn't even reply....:razz:

One of the best in the UK is probably Loxley Colour

One of the best in the UK is probably Loxley Colour

Thanks - their website appears to be clearly aimed at the professional....

I was looking for a develop print and scan to CD "home-user" service

If you don't mind using mail order then apparently 'Club 35' is supposed to be very good, their in Carlisle. Not had a chance to use them yet as I have been using transparency film mostly at the moment, but I have only heard good stuff about them. Its freepost and fairly good prices, £7.75 for 6" x 4" prints and standard res CD plus 80p P&P doesn't sound bad to me!

http://www.club35.co.uk/35mmcolourdandp.html

If you don't mind using mail order then apparently 'Club 35' is supposed to be very good, their in Carlisle. .

thanks - just sent an email with all my requirements - site looks ok too

Sorry, slight mistake, their in London, not Carlisle. When I tapped it in Google it came up with the address of a nightclub in Carlisle but I thought it was the same place as the film developing club 35 as the address was right below the link.

Thanks - their website appears to be clearly aimed at the professional....

I was looking for a develop print and scan to CD "home-user" service

THey are but they will do what you want if you contact them. Certainly worth a call. - Their quality will beat any supermarket style lab!

My Friends use Jessops and they seem pretty happy with the results.
All being it that they are Lomo stuff..

My Friends use Jessops and they seem pretty happy with the results.

The main problem with Jessops, Asda, Tesco, Boots etc is that the quality will depend on the skill of the operator with the machine, who in my experience will usually not know too much about what they are doing.

If you want Lomo stuff then thats great, but if you want great pictures that look like how you took them then its not.

thanks - just sent an email with all my requirements - site looks ok too

Club 35 got back to me straight away - a good sign in my books -

they will do exactly what i want...............

develop - no prints - onto CD [dont understand how?] they say I can then copy to PC from the CD, edit and print myself

perfect !..thanks for the advice all..............(y)

Club 35 got back to me straight away - a good sign in my books -

they will do exactly what i want...............

develop - no prints - onto CD [dont understand how?] they say I can then copy to PC from the CD, edit and print myself

perfect !..thanks for the advice all..............(y)

Develop negs, scan negs, burn to CD. Simples.

Same As I do, at home, apart from they use a dirty great minilab processor and scanning system, and I use a sinkful of hot water, and a £200 flatbed Canoscan 8800F.

Develop negs, scan negs, burn to CD. Simples.

Same As I do, at home, apart from they use a dirty great minilab processor and scanning system, and I use a sinkful of hot water, and a £200 flatbed Canoscan 8800F.

:LOL:...dont understand the step scan negs

develop film - ok, I now have a colour neg ..yes?

scan to CD ? there must be a step in between ? for me to see a positive

or am I too befuddled with 3/4 bottle Oz Shiraz :thinking:

Develop the colour negative. Use a high resolution scanner to scan the negative and the software will produce a positive image - A digital image.

Develop the colour negative. Use a high resolution scanner to scan the negative and the software will produce a positive image - A digital image.

and the software will produce a positive image

ahha...thanks

Back