Good Lansdcape opportunities round Dorset / Hampshire

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I'm working up a list of locations to go out over the next few months around the Jurassic Coast, and inland to Salisbury. I've lived outside Ringwood for a few years, but am from Manchester, so dont have much local knowledge of spots to go Landscaping really, and wondered if anyone had any suggestions for decent locations

So far I have the following areas I want to do;

Mupe Bay / Durdle Door
Kimmeridge
Corfe
Stonehenge

Anyone got any other suggestions for decent areas?

Thanks
Simon

My goodness you have a wealth of potential locations!

All of the Jurassic Coast, as well as the obvious there is Lulworth, Worbarrow, Ringstead, Osmington, Portland Bill, Chesil, Abbotsbury, Charmouth, Bere, Sidmouth etc etc etc.

Inland there is plenty on your doorstep. Even the woods around West Moors, Moors Valley offer opportunities. Plenty of stuff inland in North Dorset, Gold's Hill Shaftesbury, Fontmell Down, Bullbarrow, Woolland, Hambledon Hill, Hod Hill, Eggardon.

Have a dig around the Flickr Dorset Groups. They have a wealth of ideas for locations.

Inland there is plenty on your doorstep. Even the woods around West Moors, Moors Valley offer opportunities.

I agree. I was out at Ebblake woods the other week and got some decent shots.
There's also an awesome bluebell patch out the back towards Edmondsham that is amazing when they're in bloom. I might let you know where it is!;)

Other than that, I like shooting Boscombe pier and Hengistbury Head.

Go pass Portsmouth heading East and there is West Wittering Beach and Bognor Regis, Bognor's beach has big rocks that lay there at low tide uncovered with big rock pools around them, Beach is right direction for sunrise.

I have only lived down here for 5 years and 3 of them i still worked in scotland so most of places i know have been said already.

Back