Good locations in and around Berkshire

Hello fellow Wokinghamite (or whatever we are called?).

I'm quite new to the DSLR game and my equipment isn't as nice as yours but here's a few places I've shot in and around Wokingham.

In the Woosehill area where I live you can often see birds of prey and other interesting birds (if that's your thing). There's also nice woodland area just beyond Chestnut Avenue.

Not too far away is California Park where again is some nice wildlife and views over a lake. I took some great HDR shots there last summer.

Also in Winnersh is Dinton Pastures, which offers similar to California Park.

There's also another park nearby where I know The National Trust organise walking photography tours. Can't for the life of me remember the name though, I'll check with the missus.

Reading is probably the best bet for urban shots but there's also the Abbey Ruins and some nice opportunities when walking along the river.

I'm sure our wonderful county contains many more than that (Windsor Castle maybe?) but I've yet to explore it enough. I'll let you know if I think of anymore.

Always happy to gatecrash a beer and natter about photography. I'm in Sandhurst. Anyone up for it??

Another Wokinghammer here- I'm by the Olde Leathern Bottle!

I think Steffan has summed most of it up

There is also the Wokingham Camera Club which is quite lively & meets 2-3 times a month

Sandhurst Here

California country park is good, you also have tri lakes in Sandhurst.

Virginia water isn't too far away and I believe there is a sculpture park nearby.

I'd be up for a meet.

JohnB the old leathern bottle is a particular fav of mine, Doom Bar with fish and chips FTW!

So what's the Wokingham Camera Club like? Had a poke around the website, anyone been?

I'm definitely feeling an impromptu Berks meet and great coming on!

Sorry about the delay in replying.

I would be up for a meet somewhere

Wokingham camera club is a good friendly club with 70 members who vary in ability. It passes a Thursday evening quite well and meets at the Cornerstone on the corner of Norreys Avenue. If anyone wanted to pop along I'm sure it could be easily arranged

johnb said:
Dale, what is there at Tri Lakes?

A few lakes, some wildlife, a heron or 2. The kids love going there as there is a small animal area.

Went to Dinton Pastures in Winnersh yesterday. Some good wildlife if that's your thing. I got some good waterscapes but the lighting was crap, HDR to the rescue!

Might pop along to the camera club then- or shall we form our own at the pub?!?

Back