Good to be back

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
No
As the title says. I went to a local friendly cricket match yesterday and it was nice to get back into the swing of things. I do this for fun and not professionally and I have just bought a second hand Canon EF 300mm f2.8 L IS II USM. I am so happy in making the investment and couldn't be happier with the results.

I have a great deal of sympathy for all you pros out there unable to work. Has the sports market crashed during this pandemic? The reason for asking is watching the premiership football matches during this lockdown there only seems to be one pro photographer at the games. Surely with the correct Covid and social distancing procedures in place they could of allowed more in?

My assumption was that the media still needed the content. Just goes to show I shouldn’t assume.
Watching the FA Cup game between Manchester United and Chelsea there are more photographers pitch side. I just didn’t notice as many in the Premiership games.

Hopefully things can return to some kind of normal for those who make a living from photography.

Yes newspapers need content but their income is through the floor and rates across the board are down.

Equally, when there is no access to a subject (if that subject even exists), then you can't supply titles with content.

The FA Cup Semi had the same number of photographs as Premier Matches.

I managed two games before the season ended but to be fair i didn't put in for every fixture day and only for clubs close to me... Made nothign from either (I did try) but it kept me sane...

Done some local cricket made some money... got more this weekend... Then starting august grass roots football is back and thats where I make most of my money so roll on august :)

PS did a couple of school yr6 leaving days this week so that helped the coffers and easy jobs.. just photo them leaving haha

Last edited:
I managed two games before the season ended but to be fair i didn't put in for every fixture day and only for clubs close to me... Made nothign from either (I did try) but it kept me sane...

Done some local cricket made some money... got more this weekend... Then starting august grass roots football is back and thats where I make most of my money so roll on august :)

PS did a couple of school yr6 leaving days this week so that helped the coffers and easy jobs.. just photo them leaving haha

It’s good that things are slowly beginning to pick up for those like yourself who earn a living. I’ve done a couple of friendly cricket matches and my local team who play at Step 6 level start their season on the 5th September hopefully.

Waiting to see if my local weekly needs me again this season, to cover our 4 local sides in the Wessex League.
Hope things pick up for you guys who rely on photography to put food on the table.

Waiting to see if my local weekly needs me again this season, to cover our 4 local sides in the Wessex League.
Hope things pick up for you guys who rely on photography to put food on the table.

I am waiting for my local as well for next seasons football.. Obviously actual paper sales have dropped like a stone when local papers where already on a slippery slide... can they afford me next season :( its all up in the air at the moment.....

I am waiting for my local as well for next seasons football.. Obviously actual paper sales have dropped like a stone when local papers where already on a slippery slide... can they afford me next season :( its all up in the air at the moment.....
Fingers crossed.

Back