Good to be back

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Having just endured the worst holiday ever and it is good to be back in Blighty and on here of course. ;)

We went to Fuente Alamo in Spain and after two days I'd had enough, the area was a wasteland and we had to drive for a minimum of 45 minutes to get anywhere resembling civilisation, Spanish or otherwise. If Spain was an a*sehole that's where they'd stick the enema.

Practically no opportunities for photography except when we played golf and obviously that is limited. The problem is we are supposed to be going back there in August with the kids, anyone got a villa/apartment/tent available within an hour of Alicante?? :bang: :shake:

Colin.

welcome back Mr hacker

Welcome back Col ... sorry you did not have a great time ... we like the wastelands of Spain ... gets us well away from everything ...

As for going back in August ... more of the same but a damn sight hotter m8 ... :p

lol. I know how you feel. Kellie's folks have an apartment in Torrevieja, about 30 minutes from smelly, smelly, Alicante. It's a fairly typical spanish holiday town. 60% of the population are ex-pats, of which about 40% are english and the other 20% swedish. Mostly over the age of 60! Went there last year and was very disappointed with the local scenery. Burnt like a ******* and ended up spending much of the holiday inside watching the Ashes (irony anyone?)

I would offer a lend but kells folks have just retired so are out there 24/7 at the moment. Lucky sods.

Welcome home(y) , sorry to hear about the holiday :(

Welcome back. As a man who knows Spain fairly well I would reccommend heading further North to the North end of the Costa Brava. Begur, for example, is fantastic
640x128.aspx

I went to Menorca last year. Very little to do, food was OK, weather was crap.

4/10.

My Mum lives in Olula del Rio in Andalucia. Very nice it is too - up in the mountains, away from the stinking, cretinous ex-pats and their scummy villas that look like Northern-Monkey Barratt Homes with whitewash on them.
Has a nice olive grove out back and an apricot orchard out front.

Went out a while back and spent a day on the coast - and cringed at all of the Brits Abroad. Fat beer-belly louts with England tops (when they bothered wearing shirts at all). No wonder everyone South-East of Calais hates us...

Back