Good tones?

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for feedback on the b/w conversions and whether or not the conversion is flattering for portraiture. So many good b/w's on here pete, diego, eg, etc...

These have been converted using only Lightroom. I know that Pete gets some good conversions with just Lightroom, but I just can seem to get similar stuff. I do, however think I'm at least a little consistent. :D

Any tips appreciated.

DSC_15122.jpg

DSC_0741.jpg

DSC_0394-Edit.jpg

DSC_01222.jpg

the contrast in the secound third and fourth is spot on, however in the first it lacks punch, it is a very flat image. im not sure if its the contrast or coposition, i would defiinately say up the contrast slightly and crop alot of the unwanted space around them. did you use the doging anf burning tools in the secound? i like the vignetting effect its not over the top and works very well. the third and fourth, the composititon is very asthectically pleasing and works very well along with the high contrast.

well done

I think the B&W conversions here are superb. I'm not sure that the overall contrast is too low in the first one, as there appears to be areas of black and areas of white. Perhaps it could be cropped a little and the cracks in the wall behind them could, IMO, be made more of. All in all, a lovely set.

The last three shots are wonderful, really like them. :clap:

The first in the set is rather different for me, a bit of an odd one out. As said above, I don't think the contrast needs to go up. There is a full range of contrast there, it's just the image itself for me. I would either concentrate on the couple, or the expanse of cracked wall. The two together doesn't work in my eyes. I would probably crop lots tighter to the couple :shrug:

Hey, thanks guys. :) The first one originally had a lot of vignetting like the others, but I removed it for some reason. I usually get drilled for using it too much. lol. The original makes the couple stand out more. I'll stick with it.

Thanks again for comments.

Back