Goodbye, Aunt Phyllis

Edit My Images
Yes
Saying goodbye to my great aunt Phyllis tonight.

She was 85 years old, and still the picture of health. She was out for her daily walk when she was hit at 35 MPH while crossing the street.

She wasn't five feet tall in heels, but you didn't cross Aunt Phyllis. She knew what was what, and would call anyone's bluff. She was Irish through and through, and was a blarney master. She still lived alone without anyone's help, having outlived Uncle Wilbur by twenty years.

Left to her own, she would have lived to be 150. But things are how things are, and I'm sure she's happy to not have had her life prolonged by the respirator any longer than it was. How many 85-year-old women would have survived almost three weeks after that kind of accident? She was as tough as nails, and as loving as she was tough.

I'll miss her.

- CJ

sympathies to you and your family.

Oh Cheryl, I'm so sorry to hear that :(

So sorry Cheryl - that's no way to go when you're 85 is it? My thoughts are with you.

Our sincere condolences..... that's no way to pass away. Enjoy the deep and fondest memories you surely have.

B & M

You'll miss her, but you have her with you always, so remember to look for her inside yourself.
Steve

So sorry to hear this, she sounded an amazing woman, remember her for that.

:hug: So sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Terrible, terrible news CJ ... no way to end a long and happy life imgo but again a sign of our tough times ... :eek:

My heartfelt condolences to you and yours at this very sad time ... but take joy in her life as you already seem to be doing ... ;)

RIP CJ's Aunt Phyllis ...

:p

Sorry to hear that CJ, my condolences to you and your family :(

My Aunt was 87 when she was hit by a car while crossing the road on the way to get her newspaper. She suffered a compound break to one leg. She went from being active to totally dependant and told me she wished the car had killed her. She suffered on for about 2 years in a care home.

My sympathies.

You have my sympathies as well.

There's a good side to that, though.
My great grandmother was almost 94 when she died (of old age).
In the last few years, she could barely see, in the last two years or so she couldn't even hear people well and the age was hitting her brain as well.
I still remember her as a witty old lady, though. Knowing she's been through a lot, it helps me remember her.

Your aunt, even though she'll be surely missed, had passed away at a decent age, still healthy both mentally and physically, as it would seem.
Which was probably for the better for her and you'll remember her as a strong woman you have described in the first post of this thread.

So very sorry to hear that news CJ. As already said, what a terrible way to go at such an age :crying: My deepest condolences :hug:

I'm sorry for you loss and my condolences to you and your family

So sorry to hear about your loss CJ
Aunt Phyllis sounds like she was one of life's grand characters, a rare treasure who will live on in your memory and bring a smile to your lips whenever you utter her name.
Condolences to you & yours :hug:

My sympathies to you Cheryl. It's never easy losing someone close to you. Like you say, at least she didn't have to suffer a prolonged illness.

What a lovely eulogy!
but what a terrible ending to someones life
My condolences to you and her surviving family

Sorry to hear about your aunt. :( Deaths are never understandable.

My deepest condolences for you and your family.

Sad times CJ..

Thoughts are with you..:(

Sorry to read of your loss, my thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time

Deepest sympathies, call on to your fondest memories to help lighten your loss.

Words seem hollow and all has been said...

Do know that even in this part of the world we are thinking of you and trusting that you will find peace somewhere in this time of loss.

God bless.

I am really sorry to hear of your loss, that is an awful thing to have happened to an amazing and loved member of your family, thinking of you! :hug: x x x

Back