Goodbye Old Friend! RAF Cottesmore 24.11.2010

gaviscon

Name
Gavin
Edit My Images
Yes
Great set of photos, like them all, although 1 and 2 are my favourites!

I now have Danger Zone going round in my head :)

Great set of photos, like them all, although 1 and 2 are my favourites!

I now have Danger Zone going round in my head :)

For some reason, I have 'Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full' in mine..

Great set of an iconic aircraft ~ I remember seeing them on family days at BAe Dunsfold(SWMBO mother worked there) when you could be really close to the flightline, an awesome sight & sound!

I do hope they keep enough airworthy for shows around the UK & the world??? If ever there was an example of British innovation and aerospace engineering it is the Harrier :D

I wonder if the US Marines will continue with their licensed builds???

Nice set. B&W really suits those first pics.(y) I think colour would actually detract from it.

Just my opinion. :)

With exception to the Mosquito of wwii, this is my favorite aircraft and as you said a very sad day.

exceptional captures, number 1 really takes it for me...(y)

1 & 3 are absolute corkers :) beautiful detail & pin sharp.

I didn't realise they were retiring :( that's a damn shame.

Lovely set. I'm hoping to get the day off on the 14th for the final flight.

Kev.

I understood that they had pencilled in 14th/15th depending on weather?

Kev.

Could be 14th/15th/16th with the 15th being the preferred date. Hoping to get 25 air frames on the flight line with 16 in the air. Route of the flypast will be made public some time next week.

Gav

Could be 14th/15th/16th with the 15th being the preferred date. Hoping to get 25 air frames on the flight line with 16 in the air. Route of the flypast will be made public some time next week.

Gav

Thanks for that.

I have had the honour of seeing many of these Low Level in the Lakes over the years, not many images recorded but nevertheless an amazing aircraft and one burnt into my memory. A sad loss and I echo others in that I hope that more than a few will be kept Air Worthy !

Back