Goodwood 74th Member's Meeting

Name
Matty
Edit My Images
No
A new one for me, and a welcome return to circuit racing after a long absence!
Went for a massive drive to the south coast for my first visit to Goodwood. This is an absolutely immense meeting, really well organised, pretty quiet, and the cars on track were just amazing. Seriously mind-blowing.
I've probably not done the event justice with my shots, but I had a really enjoyable day, and getting to experience a Porsche 917 in Gulf livery was something pretty special.
Sorry for the daffodil overload!

1) Probably my favourite ever Formula 1 livery
74MM by Matt White, on Flickr

2) 99.9% of people will probably hate this

3) An absolutely stunning Ferrari

4) Goodwood is a superb setting, just a pity the weather was so grey

5) Just.......Gulf

6) Ford GT40s racing into the night to finish off an amazing day.

Thanks for looking. There's plenty more shots on my FB Link (in sig) if anyone is interested.
C&C Welcome

Matty

Great set, just had a look at the rest on flickr, the panning shots of the ford gts are great.

Looks like you had a good time - those 917s are just beautiful!

Was it easy to get tickets to? I'm interested in going next year :)

#4 for me, different to the usual and gives a feeling for the overall event :)

Looks like you had a good time - those 917s are just beautiful!

Was it easy to get tickets to? I'm interested in going next year :)

It was an amazing trip, I'll certainly be going again! I had to put my name on a waiting list beforehand, but has no issues getting tickets. Definitely get it done if you can, probably the best event I've been to in the UK

#4 for me, different to the usual and gives a feeling for the overall event :)

Thanks Gramps, I found it hard to pick a few shots to post here, but tried to include a bit of variety. So many amazing cars, just a shame there wasn't a touch more light around!!

Motorsport photography is my favourite! GT40 is awesome but the romance and nostalgia of the older Ferrari F1's gets me every time!

Lovely little set. My favorite puts me firmly in the 0.01%

I do love a bit of Goodwood. A place like no other. Great set.

Love that GT40 shot spot on looks a great event only ever done the Revival

Its an awesome event mate, really relaxed and pretty crowd free. I'd definitely recommend a trip if you get chance. Cheers

Motorsport photography is my favourite! GT40 is awesome but the romance and nostalgia of the older Ferrari F1's gets me every time!

That Ferrari was a beautiful machine, Thanks very much dude!

Love the last one and so depressed I missed this event due to work

Thanks mate, its definitely an event I want to return to next year for sure.

These are awesome. Love both the pans tbh.

Cheers buddy, much appreciated!

Lovely little set. My favorite puts me firmly in the 0.01%

I knew there must be someone out there that gets those pan and flicks! Thanks very much!

I always knew I was a minority case!
Great shot

Thanks very much. Glad there is some love for the uber blur!!

I do love a bit of Goodwood. A place like no other. Great set.

It's a cracking place to shoot for sure, and a great atmosphere for a classic motorsport event too. Thanks very much dude

Lovely set! (y)

And didn't Ford fill the grid for the best ever [and most expensive] "one make" race ;)

Lovely set! (y)

And didn't Ford fill the grid for the best ever [and most expensive] "one make" race ;)

Thanks very much. Ford did do a little something with a number of GT40s. There was an hour race into the evening on Saturday, which, I'll be honest, filled me with joy.
All in all, it was a pretty mindblowing event. I will certainly be making a return trip next year!

Back