No
A few from last years FoS...:woot:

Martini.jpg

Hilltop8.jpg

RedBull.jpg

Renault.jpg

Any comments welcome,
Cheers Spud.:)

Comments...hmmm...I hate people thatare tall enough to see over those haybales! :p :D

Great shots Spud, real feeling of speed i th eblurred wheels and beautifully focused. I was there last year but no one warned me to take a soapbox to stand on, so will be better armed this year. ;)

Thanks Ladylens,it can be difficult to know where to stand to get the best shots there.
The track is very narrow and sometimes you see the cars for only a few seconds. It pays to walk around the circuit to get different vantage points,if you dont mind the hike up the hill(y)

Cheers,
Spud.

Comments...hmmm...I hate people thatare tall enough to see over those haybales! :p :D

I don't normally have a problem at Goodwood but I've invested in one of these, mainly for RIAT later in the year but I'll be taking it along to Goodwood. It fits perfectly in the laptop pocket of the camera bag.

Spud, the second and fourth ones - were they taken above the flint wall?

I think the second and fourth shots were taken near the top of the hill where it levels out a bit. But nearly a year on I could'nt be a 100% sure!

Top tip on the stool though,thanks RP.

Spud.

I don't normally have a problem at Goodwood but I've invested in one of these, mainly for RIAT later in the year but I'll be taking it along to Goodwood. It fits perfectly in the laptop pocket of the camera bag.

Spud, the second and fourth ones - were they taken above the flint wall?

Great idea that stool!! (y) The best spot I found last year [being only 5'2"] was by the hill pedestrian crossing about 1/2 way up, as the marshals were happy for me to stand by the rope barrier there. Yes, I had to use ears to work out just when the cars were coming, but I got a few good ones but want more track time this year. Last year was really finding out about it all, did the helicopter ride and everything, but this year, Saturday will find me somewhere on the hillclimb/rally stage all day. Friday will be the walking around day ;)

Did you try the spot where (I think) Spud's first and third were taken - on the other side of the track from the house between the first and second corners? The bales aren't that high and are quite far back from the tarmac so the angles are favourable for ground level shooting. There's also some terracing on that stretch that allows for shots over the crowd at the rope.

I've found just after the wall a good spot near where the Land Rover Bobcats are. Also a little further up the hill near the Tractor ride pick up point.

Anyone going this year ??

My first time for Goodwood, was originally going to go to Le Mans, but plans changed - so off to Goodwood instead.

Gary
I'm going on the Saturday with my sons.

in 2 minds whether to invest in the fold up stool :) could be handy...but worth the ****** take?!!

Gonna miss it again this year, MotoGP is at Donnington.

Did you try the spot where (I think) Spud's first and third were taken - on the other side of the track from the house between the first and second corners? The bales aren't that high and are quite far back from the tarmac so the angles are favourable for ground level shooting. There's also some terracing on that stretch that allows for shots over the crowd at the rope.

is this spot before the bridge (ie if you are looking at the house, is the bridge on your right hand side?)

Cheers

Technically yes but the spot i'm talking about isn't directly opposite the house. Take a look at the map from the official site. It's not the greatest map but there's a reasonably long (100 yds or so) straight between the startline grandstand & the Kinrara Enclosure which has some general access terracing and decent views from ground level as well.

ahh cool. so its for 3/4 shots and general panning? ie the cars are coming down the straight from the left at you?

Yeah, depending on where you are along the straight you can get some different angles on the cars. You'll get two goes at each car per run, one at speed from left to right as the cars run up the hill and one at slower speed from right to left as they run down to the start. The run down can be a bit tricky though as there's very little gap between each car/bike.

Back