Goodwood FoS Friday

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Wasn't overly impressed this year (going to the Members Meeting in March probably didn't help), but still, relative to pretty much everything else it was still pretty incredible...

Goodwood FoS 2015 by Chris Harrison, on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/harry_s/sets/72157654710743140

Good set showing the variety. Never a fan of the angles and I'm not sure the last one needed to be in b&w but I like the composition

Some nice machinery there...Number 2 is my favourite, closely followed by 3.

Number 1 is a bit of a tight crop for me - a bit more of the background would help.

Can I ask why you say you weren't overly impressed this year ?

Just little things really, doesn't seem quite as special as it has done in the past. Far more emphasis on manufacturers than race cars, a bit of reconfiguration which closed off a fairly large viewing area near the top for no reason.

I think I was just massively spoilt by the GRRC Members Meet, which was incredible, relaxed, inclusive and very enthusiast focused.

Chris... You have had more bloody camera's in the last few weeks. A99 now????????

#2 is brilliant. Great timing and focus. Can't say i feel the angles work against them, in fact they really add to it for me.

Was a loaner, had a good think about it as the glass available is stunning, but you will be pleased to know normal Fuji service will be resumed from now on :)

Love #2 in particular. Great shot. I took my dad for his birthday a couple of years ago. Great day out but I'd only just got my first "real" camera (a lowly but not unreasonable Oly E-PL1). Would love to go back now with X-t1 and knowledge of how to get the best from it!

2, 4 & 5 for me although to be honest - all of them look pretty good to me. good variety great colour and enough motion to show the speed. Bravo from me

.DAVID.

I went on Friday too, god wasn't it busy ! 2 & 3 for me, you found some nice spots to shoot from. I was a little restricted as I went with a party of four, we didn't made it further than Molecomb bend unfortunately.

Like no.2 but impressed with the focus on the last one, that must have been tricky to control.

#2 is my favourite of these, captures an element of the FOS nicely, works well in b & w too. Also like #4 and #6 is a well seen shot. I was there on Friday as well, spent most of the afternoon on the rally stage.

Enjoyed looking through these, you've done well in what I imagine to be a pretty restrictive place to shoot. A good variety and some amazing machines!

Nice set of images !

Back