Goodwood Revival 2022

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
No
So, who is going? I have a 3-day ticket plus paddock access. Somewhat made more of an effort to get into dress this year (tie and jacket being a requirement to go into the paddock areas, but noone stopped me in my t-shirt last year).

Mix of Pentax gear (Friday) and Nikon (Sat-Sun), Nikon for the action (plus I have more cards....). So it will be the parked cars and static stuff on Friday, and on the lookout for the Cheeky Chars (Dollie and Gracie). Need to see how much B+W film I have in the fridge (OH wants the drawer back). So, if you see someone with either a Pentax Z-1p or P50 please say hello. I did see one person with a 67 last year; I thought about taking the 645 with me but last time I carried so much gear with me I broke my patella, lesson learned.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's images and then be disappointed with my own.....

Yes, I'll be going for the first time, but only for Sunday. I'll be attempting to dress up by going in generic jacket/shirt/tie combo.

I intend to take my new R3 to give it a thorough outing, but wondered whether a big white lens might stand out amongst the retro gear? What's the etiquette here?

Yes, I'll be going for the first time, but only for Sunday. I'll be attempting to dress up by going in generic jacket/shirt/tie combo.

I intend to take my new R3 to give it a thorough outing, but wondered whether a big white lens might stand out amongst the retro gear? What's the etiquette here?

Sorry I missed your reply. Did not recall seeing many whitelensed R3s on my walks, I was in my gear on Sunday but I had my Jack Wolfskin backpack which housed either D500/20-200 or D850/24-120 so I don't think it mattered.

Hope you got some pleasing shots.

Thanks, I took the R3 for a walk, but stuck to the paddock. I made a conscious decision to stay in my wifes good books by spending the day with her, rather than standing by the catch fencing ;)

It was very useful, as it meant that I had to spend time actually pressing buttons and learning how the R3 works. If I'd just shot motorsport I'd have just stuck it in a single mode and clicked away. Also, it meant that I could take a smaller day bag which my back and feet appreciated at the end of the day!

Back