Google Account security alerts (pests)

arclight

Oooh that burglar's a cutie
Name
Doug
Edit My Images
Yes
I keep getting the message below in an email from Google.

"Google Account was just signed in to from a new Windows device. You're getting this email to make sure it was you.
CHECK ACTIVITY"

Despite confirming that it was me who signed in and Google acknowledging my confirmation and stating "all sorted now" etc. the same alert (for the same sign in) gets repeated an hour later.

Anyone else get that annoyance and know how to turn it off.

I keep getting the message below in an email from Google.

"Google Account was just signed in to from a new Windows device. You're getting this email to make sure it was you.
CHECK ACTIVITY"

Despite confirming that it was me who signed in and Google acknowledging my confirmation and stating "all sorted now" etc. the same alert (for the same sign in) gets repeated an hour later.

Anyone else get that annoyance and know how to turn it off.
Hi

I do get the email everytime I sign in using a new device, then if I log off and login again after a week or so I get it again. Do not get it every hour like you have so something may be wrong at Google end.

Hi

I do get the email everytime I sign in using a new device, then if I log off and login again after a week or so I get it again. Do not get it every hour like you have so something may be wrong at Google end.

Hi Kev,
I have started getting it when not using a new device.

Do you have more than one email address listed for contact?

Hi Kev,

Not sure why that is happening, may be worth changing the password to see if it fixes the issue.

are you re-signing in as in putting you password in every hour?

are you re-signing in as in putting you password in every hour?

No - all the repeat alerts relate to the same single sign in.

It goes like this:-
1. I signed in.
2. I immediately got emailed an Alert.
3. I reply to the Alert confirming the sign was me
4. Google reply indicating that is fine, everything is OK, carry on (not quite these words)
5. An hour later in comes another alert relating to the sign in I made an hour ago and I repeat steps 2 and 3
6 An hour later in comes another alert relating to the sign in I made 2 hours ago and I repeat steps 2 and 3 again.

So it goes on. Got their algorithms in a twist, perhaps. No Alerts today so far.....:banana:

Hi Kev,
Are you sure it’s from Google and not a phishing email?

I don’t think I’ve ever had to confirm a sign in via a google email.

Last edited:
Is your ISP issueing random IP rather than static IP..... Pretty sure it checks you IP not email or password..

Are you sure it’s from Google and not a phishing email?

I don’t think I’ve ever had to confirm a sign in via a google email.

Oooops yeagh.. I ahve had the emails but never once confirmed...

Do you have more than one email address listed for contact?

I have several gmail addresses, but only one for contact from Google.

Oooops yeagh.. I ahve had the emails but never once confirmed...

I thought of ignoring the alerts, but feared that Google may then freeze the account.

Anyhow the alerts have stopped so I will just keep a watching brief, so to speak.

I thought of ignoring the alerts, but feared that Google may then freeze the account.

Anyhow the alerts have stopped so I will just keep a watching brief, so to speak.
If you get any more... make sure you triple check they are actually from Google!

Back