Google webmaster tools... using iWeb?

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Having a problem editing a domain in my webmaster tools account. Google asks for you to verify your site either by metatags or by html. I've tried both methods but both have ended up with me failing to verify. I'm using iWeb for my website making, 1and1.co.uk for the domain name and using Jalbum for the server space.

If I'm to get the site verified, how should I be adding metadata to my home page? Sorry, I'm a bit dim when it comes to this stuff :bonk:

I found the easiest method was to upload a blank file of the filename Google provide (make sure it's to the root directory not a sub-directory). That way I didn't have to go near the code itself (I have a template site). Worked for me. You had to upload a robots.txt and sitemap.xml file anyway, so one more is no problem?

I did the HTML method, which is uploading a page to the root directory of your website server space with a specific name google provides you with - this can never really be accessed by anyone because the name of the page is spurious and there are no links to the page from your site. Job done!!!!

Back